Vampire Hunter D - Novela

I don't like the D manga, to be honest. I think the graphic novels are better...although after awhile it gets annoying reading the same thing over and over. He's a little too invincible, I think.

"He limed an arc of silver in the shape of a cresent moon." *current opponent falls dead*

That's every fight in the books lol

But One Piece wooo boy. What a good manga. I started following Hajime No Ippo too; that's a great one.

I try to keep my focus on the world of the D novles more than the fights. The fights have gotten a bit overboard in reptitiveness. "D pulled his blade up in a gleaming arc stretching from ground to sky." D is invincible, we get it. He doesn't die. He doesn't lose. I'd honestly prefer if he cut the fight scenes down even more in the novels and focused more on the backstory. That's what I really find entrancing. He really has laid an amazing fantasy world with an intriguing history that you only discover through D's adventures in that ruined world.

Oh well! I still like the D novela. They're just so short, though! I read them in like 4-6 hours and then I'm like... 'OooOOooOOH! D's so manly!"

• 6 months later...