Synesthesia

Lenin

Does Windows Media Player still do that thing with the backgrounds that swirl and shift around as the music plays? It's basically exactly like that. It's not something that really obscures your vision, though. But when I close my eyes while listening to music, there's no darkness, only color.

Man, that's pretty cool.

Neat, you should smoke DMT and see what happens.

I have a bad track record with psychedelics. I know I can't really drop acid or smoke salvia without getting extremely paranoid that the wallpaper is trying to kill me. Oh, and brain-bears.

Would DMT be any different?

I am acceptably high right now. An observation:

Bringing auto-tune to Jamaica has produced lots of blues and purples. Probably doesn't really take the sting out of the likes of Jar-Jar Binks making it impossible for anyone to take your culture seriously, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

if you are still doing this or whatever i have a request as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnPkQufnZY&feature=fvst

hat and beard by eric dolphy. i want to know what his clarinet looks like

you can go ahead and skip to 1:30 where he starts to solo if you dont like jazz that much

thanks

Edited by Zoa

• 3 weeks later...

I've had bouts of mild synesthesia, mine corresponds to notes however and not timbre or instrument or style. A is red, B is yellow, G is green, D is also red but darker, C is blue, F is purple, E is black. I do not know if it is a result of some long forgotten color association, but to this day I hear notes as colors. Sometimes it's stronger than others, and sometimes it's not even there. My friend Mark also has synesthesia but to a much greater degree.

For me it's not so much as seeing the color when I hear a note, it's more of an idea of the color when I hear it which leads me to believe it is some abstract memory mechanism I developed as opposed to full blown synesthesia.