Aliens vs. Predator

EX33396948

I hear and see mixed reviews on it. People who are good at FPS's are great at marine because each race has such low health and every species is on the radar (although only when it runs I think). The marine can just stand back, and light up any foe.

The alien is all about adjusting to walking on walls. Master that and you've mastered the Alien.

Predator is really about 1-on-1 and stealth. I kinda think you're less noticeable without the cloak in this dark level unless you're on the move.

The way I see it, if the best of each race when toe to toe it would be P>A>M>P

I'm pretty good at FPSes. Maybe it's because I used the shotgun, but I had to pump about four or five blasts into an alien at close range to kill it, and the Predator just JUGGANAUT, BITCH'ed my ass after about six shots.

I'm pretty good at FPSes. Maybe it's because I used the shotgun, but I had to pump about four or five blasts into an alien at close range to kill it, and the Predator just JUGGANAUT, BITCH'ed my ass after about six shots.

Did you try using the double shot alternate blast? Even the starting rifle, about 1/3 to 1/2 of the clip unevenly sprayed usually kills either other race.

Also, you can block melee.

But I loved going "JUGGANAUT BITCH" to other players. ;)

The Predator's swing is awesome.

Edited by EX33396948

I have been waiting for this since the first two for the pc , i got the demo as soon as it came out , with all my friends on my list for 360, and i have perfected the marine and predator to almost an art form.

The atmosphere is great , the level is amazing because theres no where to hide , and all 3 races are balanced you just need to know how to use them correctly.

The marine is a god with the pulse rifle and shogtun , the predator is amazing with the bombs, razor disk and wrist blades , and the alien is crazy with the tail and climbing ability, get used to the characters and you`ll easily find it fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Putting it simply; it sucked. Like every other AvP.. anything, it was riddled with plotholes and loopholes.

You actually needed an 'Ancient Mask' as a Predator to actually get a visor for Aliens, the very reason the Predators came to the planet. Genius. My friend sold it after he saw that. Angrily.

I'd imagine this is one of the reasons online is dead, besides the unbalance.