Games Make Rapists

Magnus

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/rea...ke-You-a-Rapist

I have to ask a very serious question here.

Why is every female expert an expert in rape? This implies rape, that implies rape, this makes more rape happen, that condones rape. And if a rape victim is saying all these things about random shit, does that make her an expert?

Very serious questions going on here.

Bitches just like complaining about getting raped, and for that matter anything and everything. They also excel at arguing nonsense with more nonsense.

And FYI to all those feminist twats; MEN GET RAPED TOO. At least THEY get it in the vagoo and not the ass.

I read about this yesterday and tried to ignore it. I'd love to make passing jokes, but I find it more annoying than laughable. I'm not going to say that video games don't have any impact on people whatsoever (and truthfully, it's something where more studies should be done), but this kind of claim is just ludicrous. Worst of all is the citing of Carol Lieberman and her claim of an increase in rapes - this is not backed up by statistics. Based on what has been reported and processed, rape rates have remained generally stable, occasionally showing slight declines - however, there's also the problem of unreported rapes, which make this a category that's almost impossible to give even remotely accurate statistics on.

At least they managed to mention that there is responsibility on the part of the parents in the original article, which sort of balances out the statement about the "impact on younger kids."

Does anybody remember when mass effect came out and a guy buy the name of Kevin McCullough said mass effect was rape at the click of a button?

Inless a game comes out where it's some rape sim or something, I call bullshit. It's something for parents to point fingers at and use for escape goats for their bad parenting skills.

If anything, when I have a bad day and I feel like beating someone senseless I play a game to take out my aggression. If anything I would say most games prevent violence.

That said, couldn't you blame rap music for this too? Just sayin'. In some rap music people rap about fucking, shooting killing and doing drugs. Oh and what about movies, like, lets see. Clock Work Orange.

Like I said, bullshit.