Syobon Action

Harakiri Tiger

You need to have Java installed to play and you may need to refresh the page a few times to get it to load completely.

Anyway, Syobon Action is a parody game on the original Mario games. You only use the arrow keys to play. Up makes you jump, Down makes you go down pipes, Left and Right make you move left and right. You start with 2 lives and you're goal is to beat the games four levels. It's got a rockin musical track that you can listen to over and over again for hours and the graphics are perfect for what the games wants to achieve.

Syobon Action is a game designed to be very difficult by playing against the players basic concepts of a fair game. The world in Syobon Action is out to get you. Everything in it is out to get you, including the designers. They've left you enough free space to beat the levels. There isn't just one way to beat the levels either, in a general sense, but there is only one end zone. More than one way to skin a cat, if I may? Just remember that you can beat each level, though it may seem incredibly unfair at times.

Most of the dillemma's you encounter will be solvable through simple experience. Once you've done something stupid you should be able to avoid it thereafter. There are some places that are legitimate puzzles, though. These puzzles are what prevent some people from being able to complete the game at all. For experienced players the game is very short, maybe about 10-12 minutes long, because they learn the puzzles and remember the problem zones. For the inexperienced it can be quite a doozy.

It took me 244 lives to beat Syobon Action, but I did beat it. Anyway, post how many lives it took you to beat the game or if you can't beat it at all!

So, I wish you good luck!