Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Nomrah

I'm posting this thread as a meeting place for those active on Street Fighter III: Third Strike, this is mainly for those playing the game online with GGPO although exceptions may quite possibly take place in the future using other means. I'm compiling a list of everyone's GGPO ID and which characters they utilize the most. Also this can be a place to discuss anything related to the game, as well as setting up times and dates to compete. For those who want on the players list simply post your user GGPO user ID and what character(s) you mainly use and also possible secondary character(s).

Here's a link to GGPO's site to get it started. http://ggpo.net/

Getting the proper ROM is another story...

Here's a link provided by Niji to watch some of our battles. http://www.livestream.com/nijitenshiken

Players: All I've got so far.

Nomrah

GGPO ID: Nomrah333

Main: Yang Secondary: Ken.

11MWK11

GGPO ID: 11MWK11

Main: Ryu Secondary: Ken.

Noob

GGPO ID: Nob

Main: Elena Secondary: Yun, Ryu, Twelve.

LCC

GGPO ID: TheLCC

Main: Yang, Q.

Fatedshadow

GGPO ID: Fatedshadow

Main: Yun

Neko Arc Chaos

GGPO name: BlooDaBeast

Main: Makoto

Niji

GGPO ID:

Main: Ibuki

Person4645

GGPO ID: Person4645

Main: Akuma

http://i.imgur.com/jqzAP.png

Edited by Nomrah

Not sure how long that will take to come out, but I'm anticipating its release. But for the moment GGPO functions better than I expected, I'm very satisfied with its performance. I encourage anyone who has the capability and interest to play SF3:TS with the rest of us to get it going.

• 10 months later...

Hey, sorry that I left yesterday abruptly. A friend of mine was helping me to do a Dark Souls transfer.

If you guys are down for some more PS3 3S action, you can count me in. Good games to Neji, Exorcet, Nob, and others whom I had forgotten.

Edited by Honest Frank

• 2 weeks later...
I went ahead and purchased 3SO a little more than a week ago now, and have gotten myself back up to speed with where I last left off . At this point I'm ready to unleash my Yang on any of you who wish to oppose me. So I'd like to know who all here owns 3SO and is interested in playing. I know LCC has it going on, I still have yet to play Niji, and Nob and I have unfinished business...

Thanks you to man, you're very skilled. I was most surprised by your array of knowledge for several fighters, the only fighter that I can truly compete comfortably with is Yang. So I hope to get to get in tune with atleast one more fighter, I just don't know who I'd want to dedicate time to learning. Q intruigues me but looks damn difficult to use and is basically the complete opposite of Yang.

But yeah, more people got to get into the 3S spirit once again, we could have some great rumble rooms going on with that player match function.

I actually don't know many characters. All I know are all the moves and I try to emulate combos that I remember from either past opponents or Japanese RanBats. The only fighters that I know for sure are Urien, Dudley, Gouki, and Sean. In fact, I used Sean to bring me up to level 9. LOL

But if you want to use Q, I recommend Urien. This way, you can learn all the essentials of charging with a character that has superior normal attacks. Once you get the hang of him, switch to Q. You will learn Q a lot faster this way.

Edited by Honest Frank

Japanese Chuns are great to watch. American Chuns are all about the c.mk -> SA2 spam.

Nomrah, here are some suggestions. I see you go for this combo a lot: dive, s.mp, s.hp, palm

Instead, go for: dive, s.mp, swipe or ex. swipe

This does more damage and build ups my stun bar.

Another Yang combo I like this: s.mp, s.lk, ex. swipes

The extra s.lk give you time to hit confirm the ex. swipes and if the opponent blocks the initial s.mp, the s.lk can still potentially link your opponent for ex. swipes.

Once you get use the combo above, try this combo: UOH, c.lk, ex swipes

Any good Yang player knows how to combo with a UOH because now you can combo when you opponent is blocking down back, rather than relying on f.mk for puny damage.

Yang and Makoto are some of my favorite fighters too.

Edited by Honest Frank