Marvel vs Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Neko Arc Chaos

Apparently, you didn't see this.

A lot of pro players have called him out on this pretentious shit, and they have every right to rub it in his face when he gets bodied at Marvel 3.

Nah. that right there is just Hype for EVO. Professionals do that everywhere. Look what Tyson did before fighting Lennox Lewis and what happened afterwards. Look at what happened with Floyd Mayweather and the late Arturo Gatti.

At the same time. Anyone who has won major tournaments has every right to talk shit.

On a side note. MVC3 is all about who can overwhelm who first. Period. You saw it there with Justin getting a fucking PERFECT and yet getting absolutely crushed after resetting the match.

out of all the games being played at EVO MVC3 is anyone's game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, you didn't see this.

A lot of pro players have called him out on this pretentious shit, and they have every right to rub it in his face when he gets bodied at Marvel 3.

yeah, I saw that. It didn't seem that bad honestly. He wasn't screaming at the camera, saying JAPAN NUMBER 1!!! and saying that american players are trash and should go play barbie's secret makeover or some shit. Anywho, I'm bout to return this game to gamefly. I dont' even play it anymore. I like ssf4 much better.

See, but several other pro players took him for serious and called him out on it. If anything, they'd know Daigo better than we would, and so I'll trust their opinion on it.

I do agree that some of the American players get really fucking obnoxious with their USA bullshit, but I can imagine that people are going to want to blow him up if he gets exposed.

xfd if you actually want to watch any footage of this game.

This game is seriously the least-cinematic fighting game I've ever seen. SF4's combat looks barebones as fuck, but I can appreciate that for all the mindgames at work. MvC3 is just two jackasses flailing around the screen back and forth. You can hardly even tell what's going on half the time.

That was moreso the case with MVC2, but that didn't stop it from being what it is! After playing the game some, I can pretty easily tell what's going on tho, it's not that hard. Edited by TMRaven

Nah MvC2 was definitely faster and more chaotic to watch. It just might seem the same cause we've played both enough to know the game well enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Strider? Really?

Fuck that, Strider has been my favorite character since MvC1. The fact that he wasn't in MvC3 is largely why I couldn't be bothered to give a fuck about this.

Seriously though, Marvel 3 has been out for FOUR FUCKING MONTHS, and there's already an expanded edition coming out? This is pathetic. Maybe it's been awhile, but I remember there being a larger gap between SF4 and SSF4 than there was between these two.

Fuck that, Strider has been my favorite character since MvC1. The fact that he wasn't in MvC3 is largely why I couldn't be bothered to give a fuck about this.

Seriously though, Marvel 3 has been out for FOUR FUCKING MONTHS, and there's already an expanded edition coming out? This is pathetic. Maybe it's been awhile, but I remember there being a larger gap between SF4 and SSF4 than there was between these two.

My only problems with this are

1. Strider is soooooooooo bland. His moves are always flashy but he's just so boring to look at, it sticks out in a game as colorful as this.

2. Blatant grab towards his fanbase (though a company can't really be "blamed" for that per say)

3. He came before either Megaman, what the fuck.

However, Vergil is coming. That is very interesting to me. Probably won't get it though, because the only things interesting me are the aforementioned Vergil, Phoenix Wright (how the fuck can they make an entire move-list out of OBJECTION!~ you know? This I must see.), and nerfed X-Factor. Those three things are probably not worth buying an entirely new game, or even a $20-30 DLC block (if they try something like that so people who bought the first bother buying the second).

I saw that much earlier today. Some of that list was encouraging, some of it wasn't. I think Firebrand, Frank West, and Phoenix Wright are weird choices, and Nemesis was just a bad choice, along with 2 of the Marvel characters I just don't know by name.

I might actually buy the Ultimate edition, because I never did get MvC 3. Plus, Frank West. Although I'd probably only play against a friend who has it.

...And this is one of the many reason's I don't like Capcom, releasing a new game within a short time span.

I might consider getting UMvC3 as long as the nerfs stay reasonable. So far, most of the nerfs/buffs I've been hearing about seem rather... well... smart. Which was, obviously, totally unexpected. Even the new characters I've seen so far appear great but not broken. As long as Dante nerfs stay limited to the hammer, tighter execution windows, and the extra 2 frames on s.L, the Phoenix/Wolvie nerfs stay, and the new characters we haven't seen turn out good, I'd be pretty much sold @ a $40 price tag.