Marvel vs Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Neko Arc Chaos

All this talk of getting UMvC3 is really just speculation on my part.

I actually liked MvC3 Vanilla. Characters felt true to their roots, as well as there being no characters who felt TOTALLY unredeemable. Sure, Wolverine, Phoenix, and Wesker/Sentinel X-Factors were quite the balance oversight, but for the most part the cast felt balanced (comparatively to other fighters) and good characters like Dante, Ammy, Magneto felt good because, they were good, not because they had a gimmick or made the rest of the cast useless.

All that and I actually had fun with the game. Which isn't common for me with fighting games.

UMvC3 is basically just a super-comprehensive patch on all of this. I mean, that COULD have done what MK9 has been doing and keep putting characters on the list @ $5 a pop and that would've costed over $40 by itself, not counting all the balancing they did. It's feasible for me to consider buying it. It just depends on how the nerfs/buffs play out, and how effective and fun the new characters are.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of getting UMvC3 is really just speculation on my part.

I actually liked MvC3 Vanilla. Characters felt true to their roots, as well as there being no characters who felt TOTALLY unredeemable. Sure, Wolverine, Phoenix, and Wesker/Sentinel X-Factors were quite the balance oversight, but for the most part the cast felt balanced (comparatively to other fighters) and good characters like Dante, Ammy, Magneto felt good because, they were good, not because they had a gimmick or made the rest of the cast useless.

All that and I actually had fun with the game. Which isn't common for me with fighting games.

UMvC3 is basically just a super-comprehensive patch on all of this. I mean, that COULD have done what MK9 has been doing and keep putting characters on the list @ $5 a pop and that would've costed over $40 by itself, not counting all the balancing they did. It's feasible for me to consider buying it. It just depends on how the nerfs/buffs play out, and how effective and fun the new characters are.

Nah bruh bruh. The difference between NRS and Capcom is that NRS has hotfixes for their game. No release date needed. The game updates when they send out the patch. Capcom tries to make money off of every little thing they put in the game.

They have been planning half of this since before MvC3 was released. This comes out in either October or November. Ten months, b. Ten months is the shortest shelf life for any Capcom fighter to date.

And then, the shit that they're charging for. That's the worst part. They've shown that they can patch the balance without DLC. They patched Sent's health, remember? They've shown that they could add features in with patches. They added Event Mode, remember? There's ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why Spectator Mode could not have been patched in before this.

Capcom is reaching for that extra money knowing that people will pay for spectator mode. Not even for the new characters. For spectator mode alone, people will spend money.

Fuck Capcom right now.

Edited by Brit

Wouldn't they have to recreate DHC entirely to eliminate the DHC glitch, as well as to completely change nearly every detail about XF?

I really don't care about Capcom either way because I have other reasons to say Fuck Capcom (MML3 & the shitty DMC "reboot"), but I don't think this is a big deal, except for the time frame itself.

Megaman DLC. Calling it. It is a money sink too good to pass up.

Hawkeye is a punk pitch. Nicolas Cage also ruined Ghost Rider for me. The other Marvel characters are alright.

Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and Deadpool are right up my alley though.

Edited by Wong

That shit looks weird.

Supposedly the controls for Dante were changed a bit, now instead of having to completely duplicate the motions for things like Acid Rain or Tempest you just double tap. so instead of Acid Rain requiring "qcf+L qcf+L it" it just needs "qcf+L L".

That would be nice because it makes some of his combos smoother, but dumb because now even MORE scrubs will magnetize to Dante, as well as the simple fact that this change can easily caused input mistakes (getting Million Carats when trying for Crystal) and some combo relearning.

Nemesis and Dr. Strange look great. Nemesis a lot better than I could've ever imagined. And Strange is looking like Dante and Magneto thrown into a blender, with Phoenix teleports sprinkled into the mix. He pays for all this ridiculous freedom in strategy by having no air dash. I'm way more hyped than I should be for a game that should not yet be in the process of being released.

EDIT: Various Videos (in your follow the playlist):

Edited by Vincent210

As long as Haggar and Chris get buffs and they don't nerf Tasky I'm good.

From what I know Haggar's crH now OTGs and his Lariat assist is not invincible on startup anymore (understandable) and no longer causes Hard knockdown (also understandable)

his hitboxes for aerial normals is getting improved supposedly.

Chris' gunfire assist will come out faster now.

Tasky stole Dante's stinger, which he does after Shield Skillz... and he ain't givin' it back. Fuck you Dante.

As long as Haggar and Chris get buffs and they don't nerf Tasky I'm good.

From what I know Haggar's crH now OTGs and his Lariat assist is not invincible on startup anymore (understandable) and no longer causes Hard knockdown (also understandable)

his hitboxes for aerial normals is getting improved supposedly.

Chris' gunfire assist will come out faster now.

Tasky stole Dante's stinger, which he does after Shield Skillz... and he ain't givin' it back. Fuck you Dante.

I kinda find Tasky's buff funny, only in the sense that it was totally unnecessary to the point of not even feeling like a buff. I can't really ever see a reason to use it very much since you won't be doing Shield Skill all that often. Also, stealing it would imply Dante can't do it anymore, which is pretty false. He's just copying, like he does everyone else he knows. It would've been cool if his representation here was just a mashed together move-list out of everyone else in MvC3.

EDIT: BTW Ren is talking about Dr. Strange, who is already shaping up to become S+ Tier with tools for everything, multiple counters, multiple OTGs AND Crumples (HE HAS A FUCKING COMMAND NORMAL THAT CRUMPLES, FORWARD H WTF), and the aforementioned Phoenix teleport. He gets all of that at the cost of being the only flying character without 8-way airdash, having no air dash at all. His ground dash is average, and can be waved. Only thing about him is that you'll need to think your way through the match sort how you would with Dormmamu, because a few of his tricks need the right setup.

Chris gunfire comes out WAAAAAAY faster now. He can win projectile wars easy now. It's like M Disruptor speed, and beats current disruptor (UMvC3).

And yeah, Haggar dun got nerfed. Soft Knockdown instead of Hard after Double Lariat Assist. He hasn't been given anything else really. Tron just got completely fucked. Imad. j.H hits them too far out to ever combo of of anymore, so she lost her only way of getting in. So stupid. On top of the assist nerf she's in lol tier now.

Edited by Vincent210