Tsuranga's Art!

Tsuranga

Most of you have already seen this in the works, but here is the Final Product:

Clickafy for a link to the DA page with full description and full res DL link (~6000x3000)

And it's real name was: Living in the Shadows of Those Before Us

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/103/f/4/living_in_the_shadows_of_those_by_tsuranga-d3dxfb6.jpg

Edited by Tsuranga

Everyone in the city will be deaf because of the shock waves coming off the fan thingy. I don't know how fast a city would want to move, but probably not very fast.

You made the right choice with a large diameter fan though, but the exhaust velocity just seems too high if it's spinning that much. Ideally, you want your exhaust velocity to be 0 in the frame of the air.

The rest of it looks good.

I will say it's been pretty cool to watch you grow as an artist. I remember before you started digital painting when you were using colored pencils and what not.

I kind of wish I went the same direction in focusing more on digital painting and getting better at it. While I enjoy animation, I miss digital art and I'm probably going to start up again. But yeah, don't think I ever gave you enough props for the stuff you've been putting out.

I will say it's been pretty cool to watch you grow as an artist. I remember before you started digital painting when you were using colored pencils and what not.

I kind of wish I went the same direction in focusing more on digital painting and getting better at it. While I enjoy animation, I miss digital art and I'm probably going to start up again. But yeah, don't think I ever gave you enough props for the stuff you've been putting out.

I actually got it backwards ak :P

over the past 2 years I've been focusing on traditional mediums, check my DA in my sig's link. It wasn't until recently that I was able to full incorporate my refined traditional skills into digital.

for a long while now I've felt %100 confident with oil and pencil, but was always :S with digital. but after about halfway through my last big painting and LOTS of studying was I able to finally fully grasp the digital medium. I needed to forget all preconceptions about digital art and completely humble myself to the basic professional techniques, and then I also had to fully understand my own lighting and brush style. It's been one hell of a journey full of massive amounts of self-hatred, artistic loathing, practice and understanding. But I finally feel like I'm "there" and can do anything.

Everyone in the city will be deaf because of the shock waves coming off the fan thingy. I don't know how fast a city would want to move, but probably not very fast.

You made the right choice with a large diameter fan though, but the exhaust velocity just seems too high if it's spinning that much. Ideally, you want your exhaust velocity to be 0 in the frame of the air.

The rest of it looks good.

It's actually moving REALLY slow, just gently pushing the city along, that's why the smoke stacks are only slightly to the side. I may have blurred the edges on the fan a bit, but that was also because I was trying to include depth and natural-eye lag. But in the end, artistic freedom :P

• 2 weeks later...
his gun looks curved and un-straight and that guys face is all messed up no wonder why hes hiding it

I wanted the guy to be a dumb ugly motherfucker XD But as for the gun... it's straight enough considering I didn't use any ruler or shit like that.

Sharin' some community drawin' stuffs. He said I should draw a nuclear battery, so I did :o

Unfortunately the brushes in this program are evil, and I love my photoshop brushes much better. These brushes had like dynamic color based on what was drawn beneath or some this... I like my hard static color like in photoshop. opencanvas also doesn't have opacity or hardness like I'm used too too :|

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/theaegis/opencanvas.jpg

• 11 months later...