Der Jager

Evil Panda

Head: EYE4

Core: CRONUS

Arms: A88FG

Legs: DINGO2

(tunes: cooling / weight / weight / load capacity)

Boosters: GULL

FCS: LIMPET

Generator: LOTUS

Radiator: ANANDA

Inside: n/a

(tunes: boost accel / en output / cooling)

Extensions: RM2

Back: 69M / NYMPHE

Arm R: PIXIE3

Arm L: 69H

Hanger R: WRAITH

Hanger L: WRAITH

Description:

Name is German for 'The Hunter', reflecting this AC's nature as an alter-ego of my staple. As per RR's tourney rules, the H3 and TP were removed. @_@

Tactics:

The funny thing is, this is actually faster than my Hunter even with TP (498 boost speed as opposed to 486). Same tactics apply, only overall I've got a bit more firepower. Missiles are much faster compared to my KARURA-equipped staple. I just put this thing together right now, so I'm kinda scared as to how much different this'll handle compared to the staple I've grown used to.

As it is, though, firepower doesn't seem to have dropped much compared to my Hunter, and may even have gone up a bit due to how prone Karura was to missing. I'm just kinda worried how much the (slightly) slower acceleration will hurt.

Known Issues:

Even squishier than my staple and its derivatives - which weren't known for their tanking abilities to start with. I went for lighter frame parts to compensate for the lost accel from ditching TP, which means that anything that hits me while using this one will hurt even more than it already did.

Appearance-wise, I really prefer my usual ones to this one. It's not ugly, not really, but my Hunter was kinda more... sleek and menacing in its looks. @_@

PvP Information:

None yet, though I may try this out next meet.

Current Vs. Record: [0]W - [0]L - [0]D

Win Rate: n/a

--------------------------------------------------

How about ghost2/hp up front with 69h/69h hangared. What kind of speed do you get then. You can even use rm1 instead of rm2. (or rm3 if you feel you need more firepower)

Maybe with the added speed you can then get a bulkier arm part in FL or XS or Gibbon2.

^ normally true, yes. Thing is, this AC doesn't burn up easily as it is, and can even fly around a little. :o I opted to tune accel because I found readjusting to a non-TP booster... difficult, to say the least, and because overheating isn't quite an immediate issue where this design is concerned.

That said, tunes for the core and arm parts are now both 5-cooling/5-weight. :o I've yet to try this out in versus mode, but I was able to beat Daemon in 45secs using this design (as to 1min on my Hunter) :o

Edited by Evil Panda

Hey man, if you designed it to beat AI as fast as you can, then thats' what you should do. Whatever works. Everybody else was giving PvP advice and it might not apply here. Edited by TMRaven

No, no, you misunderstood. :o

This is for PvP, or I wouldn't have had a reason to conform to RR's tourney rules by ditching TP and H3. It's just that I just came up with it a few days ago, and since there's no other AC player I know who lives nearby (I get to PvP with RR during meets, but that's about it), the next best thing was to go up against the hardest AIs and see what happens.

@ KKM

I've gotten used to Cronus, maybe more than may be good for me. ^^;;

@ Niji

On that note, UL2 was my first choice for the core before I changed it back to my usual. I've never really been skilled with OB'ing, and as I said, I've really become used to Cronus as my standard core choice. Which is probably something I'll need to work on in the future. >< Hell, until I learned, Orchid was my main generator, and LX was the only way I knew how to kill things. :o

As of last save, these were the parts on it:

Head: MAYFLY (0,0,5,5,0)

Core: CRONUS (0,3,5,2,0)

Arms: A88FG (0,1,6,3,0)

Legs: DINGO2 (0,3,6,1,0)

Boosters: GULL (0,0,8,2)

FCS: LIMPET

Generator: LOTUS (0,10,0)

Radiator: ANANDA (0,0,10)

Inside: n/a

Extensions: RM3

Back R: 69M

Back L: n/a

Arm R: PIXIE3

Arm L: HP

Hanger R: WRAITH

Hanger L: WRAITH

AMINO, ES, SS, EC, L+, CODON, MARISHI

Suits my purposes very well, I gotta say. 506 boost speed without dropping (540ish with only the guns) is really, really fast for something without TP. ^^

Edited by Evil Panda