Baccano!

SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD

Watched this series the other day and I was really impressed. It has a lot of interesting characters and the nonlinear plot is a great way to tell this story of mafia capos, immortals, alchemists, psychopaths, and various other criminal minds.

Oh and the

is great. You can watch the episodes online here or obtain them through other means. There are only 16 episodes so you can knock the entire thing out pretty quickly and I highly recommend doing so.

Eyyyyyyyy.

I was looking into this anime just a while back. I haven't watched any anime in forever. Like, 2 years almost.

So, I have question for ya. I'm a big fan of story/drama oriented stuff (Thus I run an AC community) and not too big a fan of action anymore; is this more action oriented or story oriented? It doesn't have any of that Naruto/DBZ fight stuff does it? Like... Hellsing, for example, was a great anime till the last like 4-5 episodes, then it blew up and sucked. Idk if you've watched Hellsing, but it's not another Hellsing is it? That's if you've watched Hellsing.

Haha, sorry if I'm confusing you. It's just that I was actually considering downloading and watching this anime, but I don't have the time to waste on crappy anime. If I only I didn't have responsibilities.

=(

I'm the same way actually.

I'd say 90% of this is story. There's some fight sequences but they're usually short and the participants are usually talking the entire time. The entire point of the show is to focus on how a single event can be interpreted several different ways based on the point of view it's being told from and who's listening. It's very plot and character-driven as opposed to stuff like Gurren Lagann or DBZ which is all just holyshitwtf strung out. I haven't seen Hellsing but it's nothing like Naruto/DBZ and even though some of the characters are immortal, they're not usually the ones doing the fighting. Actually, there are only like 3 or 4 fights the entire series I think and each one doesn't usually last very long, usually just a couple of minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just finished watching this anime tonight. I gave it 4/5 on Netflix because I found to be a very good show. I especially liked how the series ended, with them talking about how a story shouldn't really have a real ending. That's exactly how I feel about stories in general, very much for the reason given too, so that was very neat to see. I was very happy with the general progression of the story and such, though I'm left a bit confused about my like of some characters who did pretty wild things (Vino, for example).

The reason I didn't give it a 5/5 is because the show was a bit confusing as it progressed and left some stuff out that I would have liked to see. The presentation and storytelling method were another major part of the confusion, but the very same presentation and storytelling also made the show very entertaining. A quality experience. Episode 13 had a special ending, btw, and it looked like it was the last episode of the series because of that but the show continues on another 3 episodes. That was VERY bizarre. I would have preferred it didn't have a special ending like that, though I imagine it's because the series was probably put on break at episode 13 since the Japanese like to have 13 episode seasons.

I definitely recommend the series to everyone who likes anime. It's a bit gruesome, though.

=D

EDIT: This show was almost all story. I LOVED it. If only it hadn't been so confusing too, haha.

Oh, Chris McKibbin tried to get me to watch this. I watched the first episode, but I watched Gozu right before that, so I was pretty tired. Plus I'm trying to pace myself with Trigun, and he's also distracted me with Breast Plate Girl. My first impression from the opening was that the cast of characters was... too large. For a 16 episode series, that is.

I'll end up watching it next weekend more than likely.

I definitely prefer Trigun, haha. That is one of my favorite animes. By far. I think Baccano was very well done for the most part, though. The only part that wierded me out significantly was the wrench guy being a super saiyan.