My Oblivion Mod Project

Adonael

I don't know how big people around here are on Oblivion or game design, but me and a few friends decided to get together and make a Total conversion for Oblivion. Our project Idea is known, but we need more people. We need people to help with Quest/Writing, 2D Artist, and TES users. More Scripters and 3D artist are also welcome.

What we have now is 2 3D artist 1 Script and programmer.

I know this is a Armored core Forum, but this is like my second home and I wanted to see if any of you were interested in joining the Project. If you are, Post here and let me know.

We're trying to accomplish a more realistic mod for Oblivion with a possibility of survival tactics and well, a really fun mod that people would like to play and hopefully with a storyline that will keep people entertained. With a whole new story line, All new races, all new weapons and armor and new regions to explore.

I hope that answers your question good enough Niji.

I might run some of the ideas by you sometime later if that's alright with you.

Sure, but I'm not gonna have any free time to help out with something like that, haha. I'm doing too many things at once right now as it is, but I might be able to help out someday in the future. I used to mod for Oblivion, occasionally. Anyway, that kind of answers my question and kind of not, haha. It seems to me like you've probably only just started with this idea, though. So having just a general concept is fine.

Do you have any specific concepts in mind, though? Or any examples of what you mean by survival tactics? Do you mean you want to add food/hunting concept or make people have to survive off the land or... something else? It may be hard to enforce that kind of system in the game, though. Anyway, I understand if you can't share this information yet or if you still haven't decided on specifics. The reason I'm asking this is for other people that may be potentially interested.

I wish you good luck with it, haha.

=3

This seems really interesting, and I am looking forward to something like this hopefully appearing, but as far as I know, there are already "surviving" mods out there, maybe you can ask their author if you could borrow their stuff for parts of your mod and just credit them later. I've seen droppable bedrolls and eat/sleep mods, so yeah. Good luck with this!

Some of the features we are 100% positive are going into the mod.

Survival:

Open wounds: Wounds that bleed from battle until patched.

Tempature effects: Cold with no protecting lowers stats or damages, Hot areas with no water does the same.

Hunger and sleep: Without proper nutrition or rest your stats dwendle making you weaker.

Combat:

Abilty to mount and battle.

Support for spears and other Pole arms, along with crossbows.

Abilty to recruit a crew for your ship.

Travel:

Own your own ship, Each ethinic class has a unique ship differing in speed and durability.

Other:

More Dynamic water.

All new Races and Weapons.

Two new land masses with a huge variety of islands to explore.

Region specific languages.