Tresmegistos

13th Knight

This is actually a design setup that's similar to a mech I have in the works drawing-wise. It's not...standard like the rest of my units have been, with the laser blade and missile setup for all encounters. This is most likely made for destroying enemy Armored Cores. However, I haven't saved the schematic yet so I'm not sure how it would fare with lag abode, etc. etc.

AC Name: Tresmegistos

Head: White Glint/Head-I might change this to Lahire.

Core: Soluh

Arms: Judith

Legs: 067AN

Generator: Sobrero

Booster, Main: Ekhazar

Booster, Back: Ekhazar

Booster, Side: Lahire/Holoferenes

Booster, Over: KRB-Judith

R Arm: 0320 Laser Bazooka

L Arm: 051AN Laser Rifle

R Back: 0300 Laser Cannon

L back: SIRIUS Hi-Laser cannon

R-hanger: E3XX Laser Blade

Flares: 063ANEM Flares

I haven't tested it out on actual players yet, so I have no idea how it performs. Despite the aerial boosters, I sit on the ground a lot and then take off in order to evade enemies and shots. I will have to check the performance, but I like it myself so far.

Normally with my booster setup for Energy weapons id go with Judith as my main,Latona for back,Holofernes for sides and you use the same OB part as me. Now seeing as how you have Sobrero you have tons of Energy. Saying that and with the booster setup i just mentioned you're

more aerial,and you're energy recovery will be so good that you can OB away after launching a laser show on your enemy.

SIRUS is nice but i normally use ARCUX due to it being lighter and has more shots.Its also not a drainy shot when you use it aerial.

Whats your FCS? Also your head should be something else like 047 head.

Okay, where in Talos name might I start?....

Boosters.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND. What range do you wish to play at? Mid, CQC, or Long? After that, decide on offensive or defensive play. Considering how you set the weapons, lets say Mid Defensive, which for this might look like:

Main: LATONA

Side: LATONA

Back: AALIYAH

OB: LINSTANT

Frame.

Light frame means NOTHING on Middle-Heavyweight legs. Your speed will still be horrid. Rebuild the frame, make sure the Average Speed stat is 8000 or greater and your Shell Defense and EN Def are above 6.5k. Also, make sure your Arm Choice has WELL ABOVE 100 EN Weapon Skill when FRS tunes have been applied.

Weapons.

Your choices are too heavy. FAAAR too heavy. Have your arms equipped with EN Rifles like Antares, 067ANLR, or ER0700, things between 800~1300 weight units. As far back weapons, you probably can't afford HI-LAZOR back weapons. ACRUX or EC0700 are the limit. Try going with a missile set if you know which missiles you could apply here.

Misc.

Generator should be AALIYAH, GAN01-SS-GL, or RIGEL/G. WHERE IS YOURR FCS?! ZOMBEH AC!!!! Use Judith or Hogire. Cut the flares after making the aforementioned frame repairs since you'll be fast enough to missile dodge.

WOO! PS3 MADE W/O KEYBOARD! I think my thumbs are bleeding...

EDIT: GOADDAMMIT I WAS NINJA'D I MEANT TO BE FIRST

Okay, where in Talos name might I start?....

Boosters.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND. What range do you wish to play at? Mid, CQC, or Long? After that, decide on offensive or defensive play. Considering how you set the weapons, lets say Mid Defensive, which for this might look like:

Main: LATONA

Side: LATONA

Back: AALIYAH

OB: LINSTANT

Frame.

Light frame means NOTHING on Middle-Heavyweight legs. Your speed will still be horrid. Rebuild the frame, make sure the Average Speed stat is 8000 or greater and your Shell Defense and EN Def are above 6.5k. Also, make sure your Arm Choice has WELL ABOVE 100 EN Weapon Skill when FRS tunes have been applied.

Weapons.

Your choices are too heavy. FAAAR too heavy. Have your arms equipped with EN Rifles like Antares, 067ANLR, or ER0700, things between 800~1300 weight units. As far back weapons, you probably can't afford HI-LAZOR back weapons. ACRUX or EC0700 are the limit. Try going with a missile set if you know which missiles you could apply here.

Misc.

Generator should be AALIYAH, GAN01-SS-GL, or RIGEL/G. WHERE IS YOURR FCS?! ZOMBEH AC!!!! Use Judith or Hogire. Cut the flares after making the aforementioned frame repairs since you'll be fast enough to missile dodge.

WOO! PS3 MADE W/O KEYBOARD! I think my thumbs are bleeding...

EDIT: GOADDAMMIT I WAS NINJA'D I MEANT TO BE FIRST

Whao. This one might be worth quite a lot...I'll take this advice and try it out on the weekends when I can play. BUt, grad party this weekend. Might not be able to, heh.

Eternus, thanks for the info. I dislike the...047 head, however. I think Lahire has better overall stats, but I'll check again. As for my FCS, it's Judith.

I originally meant it to be a hard-hitting laser bastard, but I'll switch things around. And yes, that energy cannon...it's not the winged one. I hate that weird-ass numbering system...

I originally meant it to be a hard-hitting laser bastard, but I'll switch things around. And yes, that energy cannon...it's not the winged one. I hate that weird-ass numbering system...

if you didn't mean EC-O307AB (wing cannon), so it was EC-O300.

Legs: 067AN

what? what I know about BFF's legs part is 047 and 063 for biped, 049 and 061 for quad, which legs did you mean exactly?

and where is tuning?

if you didn't mean EC-O307AB (wing cannon), so it was EC-O300.

what? what I know about BFF's legs part is 047 and 063 for biped, 049 and 061 for quad, which legs did you mean exactly?

and where is tuning?

Good god all freaking mighty. I DO suck at remembering the number sequences for parts...YES. It's the newer BFF reg legs, the 063AN. I don't put the tuning up because I forget, honestly...I should start tacking down values. I almost never change them, although I should.

One reason I always use the sobrero is not for energy supply, however. I use it for the insane recovery speed it has. Probably not so much a good idea, but it works in my favor occasionally.

okay..........

then I should tell you about tuning (in general use)

if you got full of 442 points, tuned 50 points for EN output, EN cap, lock speed, QB side, turning.

tips :

- with mostly of lightweight arms, you didn't need to be tuned for max maneuver, because each lightweight arms had great maneuver by itself. (except LINSTANT and SOBRERO.....but I think you don't wanna waste your tuning to SOBRERO arms anyway)

- if you're Kojima hard-core guy, tuning your KP output to maximum.

- when you using EN based weapon in hand(s), LATONA, TELLUS, and ARGYROS are good choices for arms and you should tuned your EN weapon skill to maximum. (or as you can)

Booster, Over: KRB-Judith

if you wanna use AA, I-RIGEL/AO is the good-for-general choice.

Heh, I know. Tuning is part of the entire process...I just forgot this time.

And I don't think the KRB Judith is the Assault Armor version...I was referring to the regular OB.

To be honest, Vincent, I did change things around, but I kept a light core. Still, the values for defense were well over 6.5k. I could've switched to either the White Glint Core or possibly the Latona...or maybe I have the Latona and the White Glint core was the second choice for it.

You said because otherwise it makes the unit slower?

I'm not trying to make an uberfast unit. White glint has a lower weight threshold, I believe, as do Aaliyah legs. I've equipped the unit with the BFF laser rifle and the E700...I think...long laser rifle from Rosenthal. Acrux on back left, while the E0300 is on the back right. I think those would overload the WG and AALIYAH legs, as well as most if not all lightweight legs.

Latona legs should cut it. Also not just slower will you be. But it'll be absolutely no different from having an entirely beefy frame. You won't be slow, you'll be crippled.

Your legs must match your frame. There is no two ways about it.

AND CUT DOWN THOSE BACK WEAPONS! THEY OFFER NOTHING TO WEAPONS SYNERGY

If your not trying to make an uber fast AC then change the frame up in the other direction. I would use the 063 legs and add a sniper cannon to this AC. That why you have a little stun + laser combo. Then just beef up the rest of the frame a bit.

Maybe: 047/Ekhazar/Latona/063

I would change your boosters to something like: Judith/Aaliyah/Schedar

With a weapon set of: EC-0705/Niobrera (SP? its the hand missile with more ammo)/049SC/Acrux

the missiles and SC set up shots for the heavy laser weapons

I'm kinda just throwing this together as the game isn't running at the moment.

I agree with Rogan with his setup he mentioned. Schedder is nice but i normally always go for Holo as its lighter and i believe less drainy. Also its cuz i can chainboost with those side boosters like mad with Judith as main as well. Then again its all up to you.

One question Rogan, if he's beefing up, why on Earth not just go all in and make this a Mid Heavy?

Head: 047

Core:TELLUS

Arms:TELLUS

LEGS: GAN02-NSS-L or GAN01-SS-LL

This way he's taking full advantage of giving up speed for def/AP and can run all these boss weapon you suggest. Actually, now I wants to make one on this frame. Only worry I have ATM is stability, but I'm sure the 047 head will patch any stab problem the frame might have.

This quasi-beefing thing that you people are trying to do just confuses me. There really isn't a working middle ground here. Because if you try this you end up in a craft that is both weak and slow, which is pointless. I mean, that isn't saying that middle-wegihts don't work, it's just saying that middle-Light frames on heavy legs will never work no matter what, and vice-versa (though not the the same extent, I've seen a hilarious but GOOD Mid-HW on Latona legs. Guy must be a genius).

One question Rogan, if he's beefing up, why on Earth not just go all in and make this a Mid Heavy?

Head: 047

Core:TELLUS

Arms:TELLUS

LEGS: GAN02-NSS-L or GAN01-SS-LL

This way he's taking full advantage of giving up speed for def/AP and can run all these boss weapon you suggest. Actually, now I wants to make one on this frame. Only worry I have ATM is stability, but I'm sure the 047 head will patch any stab problem the frame might have.

This quasi-beefing thing that you people are trying to do just confuses me. There really isn't a working middle ground here. Because if you try this you end up in a craft that is both weak and slow, which is pointless. I mean, that isn't saying that middle-wegihts don't work, it's just saying that middle-Light frames on heavy legs will never work no matter what, and vice-versa (though not the the same extent, I've seen a hilarious but GOOD Mid-HW on Latona legs. Guy must be a genius).

I don't have the game running at the moment so I don't know what those stats look like. As far as I know it would work.

The quasi-beefing does work. You can get some really nasty builds, for example lightweights with 10k shell defense and they still break 2.6k moving. Same deal with midweights, you can get deceptively fast builds that can take serious punishment. PM me if you want some sample frames.

I actually took the time to make a design that looks really beefy with Latona legs.

Right now im debating on wither or not i want to make a CQC design or make it have different range type weapons. Here's my frame for it.

Argyos(Cant spell it atm)/Tellus/Soldner(Cant spell it atm either my game isnt on right now)Latona

Its got near 10k in both Ballistic and energy Defense.