EVO 2011

Vincent210

I spent all day yesterday watching the MK9 stream. Pretty cool stuff. I avoided the MvC3 stream because that game is ass, and I didn't watch the Japan beats America at SF stream because SF blows too.

Also, despite having no information about how the AE tournament went, I know what their top 8 looks like. Yun, Yun, Yun, Fei, Viper, Viper and two wild cards. amirite? AMIRITE? Somebody let me know if I'm right. I don't know where to go to get info on who's the best at SSFIV: Tier Whore Edition.

Spoiler alert for that tournament though: JAPAN WINS.

Anyway, if anybody wants to know what top 8 out of the MK9 pools are, check it:

1. Chris G (Reptile)

2. JOP (Johnny Cage)

3. DMG Perfect Legend (Kung Lao)

4. Denzell (Sub-Zero)

5. Osu 16-bit (Kitana)

6. Online Tony (Kabal)

7. ATL Redd (Liu Kang)

8. REO (Mileena)

My money is on Perfect Legend to take the whole thing. REO will probably take second with Chris G in third. But honestly, it's anybody's game. Finals start tomorrow at 2:00/5:00 PM PST/EST.

Edited by Lenin

top 8 for AE is

Winners Bracket

Daigo Umehara (Yun) - Japan

Poongko (Seth) - S.Korea

Latif (C. Viper) - USA

Fuudo (Fei Long) - Japan

Losers Bracket

Flash Metroid (Zangief, C. Viper) - USA

Kindevu (Yun) - Japan

Wolfkrone (C. Viper) - USA

Tokido (Akuma) - Japan

you were so close, but one more viper than yun!

we were hating on AE all day yesterday because of how OP yun and fei are

some rando with fei took out jwong and gamerbee only because fei is a faggot >:/

How could you hate fei. Serious, how you could you possibly hate him? He's not a mindless characters and he's bruce fucking lee.

I'd say the AE fights were awesome in many ways. And not just 1 or 2, almost every fight was great.

Also, it's pretty common for tops to be the higher tiers when it's a world tournament.

Whenever I watch the MvC3 stream, whoever lands the first hit pretty much wins unless the opposing team has Dark Phoenix. Not always but usually. If JWong hits you once with Wolverine, you might as well put down your controller and enjoy the combo video.

Anyway, if anybody wants to know what top 8 out of the MK9 pools are, check it:

1. Chris G (Reptile)

2. JOP (Johnny Cage)

3. DMG Perfect Legend (Kung Lao)

4. Denzell (Sub-Zero)

5. Osu 16-bit (Kitana)

6. Online Tony (Kabal)

7. ATL Redd (Liu Kang)

8. REO (Mileena)

Wow, that's really diverse actually. :(

Edited by Griffon

Mortal Kombat 9 and Blazblue had a very diverse top 8.

Blazblue even had a supposedly mid-low tier character (Hakumen) won the 1st and a mid tier (litchi) won second (which both of these guys are not some random dudes), while only having 2 "top tier" characters on the top 8.

MVC3 is obviously is currently lol, or Dark Phoenix.

SSF4AE is Yun + Fei long

although all of the matches are good. its just that you see a lot of different characters being played on on MK9 and BBCS2.

but I was also expecting that their will be at least 3 yuns to make it in the top 8.

To be honest, SSF4AE coulda been a bit more diverse with its characters, if Daigo didn't purposefully choose Yun to prove a point to his critics, and if Justin Wong gave more attention to the game. Even Poongko's showing that you don't need to choose the twins or Fei to make it to the top, as long as you're a really strong player. There's always that fallback of solid mechanics the game has to allow for that aspect.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/super-st...411181432702077

yay its actually free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess they had noticed that there were 21 yun and feilongs out top 32 players combined in evo 2011 (from the link), with a Fei Long getting first place. (also a Phoenix team winning in mvc3)

and another problem is those people who bought mvc3... can they actually sell the game?

but still this was the best EVO i had seen so far, with a Ton of good players to watch for the next following weeks, in different games

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/super-st...411181432702077

yay its actually free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess they had noticed that there were 21 yun and feilongs out top 32 players combined in evo 2011 (from the link), with a Fei Long getting first place. (also a Phoenix team winning in mvc3)

and another problem is those people who bought mvc3... can they actually sell the game?

but still this was the best EVO i had seen so far, with a Ton of good players to watch for the next following weeks, in different games

http://cl.ly/8wDi

Click the link. You and that site's numbers are WAY off. There were five (maybe six) of each of those two characters.

bitches need to stop being salty about Phoenix. Viscant won because he used Haggar's assist freely. PRBalrog should have focused more on snapping in Haggar and killing him quickly. Haggar only has a chance against tron in Rog's team.

Haggar as much as I love the guy is clearly the weakest link in that team. not exploiting this was stupid and everyone, EVERYONE was blinded into thinking it was all about Phoenix.

Also, it caused another nerf to be piled on top of Phoenix in UMvC3.

THEY ACTUALLY DROPPED HER HEALTH TO BE 100,000 LOWER.

Though that doesn't really affect how she plays like the previously known nerf of her now only getting one special mid-air before being forced to float down.

I'll glad most of the other top tiers dodged the bat. Dante just needs better timing now, Zero doesn't seem to have suffered, Wesker will still be Wesker even with 100,000 less health, just a little more cautious. Wolvie's nerfs were all deserved, and he's far from unplayable even including them.

The buffs look cool too. Though still probably not buying this.