King of Fighters XIII

Griffon

I cite the game's code as my evidence, in addition to every match video ever. FFS, it's like saying "the sky is blue" and then being asked to prove it.

Arakune is basically the one exception to every rule the game has.

Edited by Lenin

FFS, it's like saying "the sky is blue" and then being asked to prove it.

not a close analogy to saying the game is braindead though, since it could mean a lot of things.

Almost half of the cast requires wall to deal a hefty amount of 3k damage and has wallpressure similar to GGAC (which GGAC lacked ground roll teching)

I dont think that BB is close to a braindead game compare to GG, it only felt like an easier GGAC.

I only wish they could have put differences in character weight, FRCs and a slightly faster gameplay.

if theres anything more braindead, its Tekken 6.

Going back to KOF13, i hope the game doesnt immediately have balance patches (MK9 for example) i dont want myself changing a lot of things and just when im about to learn stuff in the game.

not a close analogy to saying the game is braindead though, since it could mean a lot of things.

I was basically saying that it is one dimensional and awful.

Almost half of the cast requires wall to deal a hefty amount of 3k damage and has wallpressure similar to GGAC (which GGAC lacked ground roll teching)

It's more than half dude. And yeah, they require the wall. It's sad.

I dont think that BB is close to a braindead game compare to GG, it only felt like an easier GGAC.

I only wish they could have put differences in character weight, FRCs and a slightly faster gameplay.

Okay, wait. Are you saying that Guilty Gear is more braindead than BlazBlue, or are you saying that in comparison, it's only easier? Little confused reading that. Either way, I really don't like Accent Core.

Varying character weight should have been a given. FRCs would definitely add a lot of depth to BB. Faster gameplay can be accomplished by playing Makoto or Noel. Every match has at least one lightning round. Lulz.

if theres anything more braindead, its Tekken 6.

Well yeah, but I've never met anyone who considers Tekken a serious game. SoulCalibur and Virtua Fighter are really the only 3D game series I've ever found that aren't total ass.

Going back to KOF13, i hope the game doesnt immediately have balance patches (MK9 for example) i dont want myself changing a lot of things and just when im about to learn stuff in the game.

Then you're in luck! SNK doesn't patch shit... unless they learned from their mistakes. Which I doubt, because they've been making the mistake of not including K9999 in their games for the last nine years. But for the system this game runs on, it's balanced enough. So really, all they have to do is put it on GGPO and this game's golden. Honestly, that should be the default netcode for every 2D fighter considering it works the best and is fucking freeware. It absolutely baffles me that more developers don't implement it.

Edited by Lenin

Then you're in luck! SNK doesn't patch shit... unless they learned from their mistakes.

Not quite true, XII got a couple patches (useless as they were) to make the game slightly less broken. While XIII is a great game, my friends and I are counting on a balance patch fairly early because K', Mature, and especially Raiden are pretty OP.

Esp. with 5 new console-exclusive characters brand-new to KoF, having something like that balanced right out of the gate is gonna be tough. Hopefully Atlus will help with patches.

Edited by Griffon

I was basically saying that it is one dimensional and awful.

Okay, wait. Are you saying that Guilty Gear is more braindead than BlazBlue, or are you saying that in comparison, it's only easier? Little confused reading that. Either way, I really don't like Accent Core.

Varying character weight should have been a given. FRCs would definitely add a lot of depth to BB. Faster gameplay can be accomplished by playing Makoto or Noel. Every match has at least one lightning round. Lulz.

their one dimensional nature for some of the characters are true though, but i hope they'll add more moves as the game goes along. GG also has some straight forward characters. This is also possibly caused by the lack of other mechanics in the game like FRCs, character weight etc..........

wait, are you talking about GG as XX or XXAC?

It's more than half dude. And yeah, they require the wall. It's sad.

which is i think is a good thing, its just that half of the characters that require walls to do damage should have decent midscreen damage around 2.5k to 3ks just like GGAC where some characters can stand alone dealing midscreen damage as a serious threat while can do more damage on walls. i want matches to last a bit more.

but yeah this is the first time BB has implemented the "more damage at wall system" since CS1 metagame didnt really needed wall.

Well yeah, but I've never met anyone who considers Tekken a serious game. SoulCalibur and Virtua Fighter are really the only 3D game series I've ever found that aren't total ass.

:(, ok im done talking to you, you're just trolling afterall.

Then you're in luck! SNK doesn't patch shit... unless they learned from their mistakes. Which I doubt, because they've been making the mistake of not including K9999 in their games for the last nine years. But for the system this game runs on, it's balanced enough. So really, all they have to do is put it on GGPO and this game's golden. Honestly, that should be the default netcode for every 2D fighter considering it works the best and is fucking freeware. It absolutely baffles me that more developers don't implement it.

maybe because it also takes time for the developers to read through and study the codes while implementing them on their engine. or maybe its just company or team policy not use other outside softwares?

i could careless if the patches are simply bug fixes or netcode improvement, but if there are serious balance issues then a patch would be fine.

Edited by atdsutm

their one dimensional nature for some of the characters are true though, but i hope they'll add more moves as the game goes along. GG also has some straight forward characters. This is also possibly caused by the lack of other mechanics in the game like FRCs, character weight etc..........

wait, are you talking about GG as XX or XXAC?

GG does have straight-forward characters, but BlazBlue is entirely based around them. I play around pressure/lockdown/space control; never really cared much for combos. BlazBlue has a few characters like that, but they're pretty half-assed in comparison to their rushers. I don't have much hope for the current cast getting any better, but I do have some for the future characters. Definitely looking forward to see how Relius turns out. I'm 90% sure that at some point they'll add Phantom (Nine? Lololz) to the roster as well and they'll probably make a zoner out of her.

And when I talk about GG, I almost never mean Accent Core. It was Guilty Gear, so it wasn't really bad per se. But it certainly paled in comparison to Slash, which I stand by as being the best in the series.

which is i think is a good thing, its just that half of the characters that require walls to do damage should have decent midscreen damage around 2.5k to 3ks just like GGAC where some characters can stand alone dealing midscreen damage as a serious threat while can do more damage on walls. i want matches to last a bit more.

but yeah this is the first time BB has implemented the "more damage at wall system" since CS1 metagame didnt really needed wall.

CS2 really should've just been CS1 with the CS2 corner combos toned down a little bit to be a reward for getting your enemy in the corner rather than your only means of doing damage. With the exception of the small handful of characters that break 4-5k mid screen.

:(, ok im done talking to you, you're just trolling afterall.

No, I was being honest. Most 3D fighters are total ass.

maybe because it also takes time for the developers to read through and study the codes while implementing them on their engine. or maybe its just company or team policy not use other outside softwares?

Don't give a rats ass about how hard they have to work or their arbitrary policies. If you aren't going to use GGPO or steal whatever the hell ArcSys is doing, don't even bother putting your fighter online because it will be a joke.

i could careless if the patches are simply bug fixes or netcode improvement, but if there are serious balance issues then a patch would be fine.

Agreed.

GG does have straight-forward characters, but BlazBlue is entirely based around them. I play around pressure/lockdown/space control; never really cared much for combos. BlazBlue has a few characters like that, but they're pretty half-assed in comparison to their rushers. I don't have much hope for the current cast getting any better, but I do have some for the future characters. Definitely looking forward to see how Relius turns out. I'm 90% sure that at some point they'll add Phantom (Nine? Lololz) to the roster as well and they'll probably make a zoner out of her.

true dat, i hope they put more mechanics that help zoning and space control for each characters or add more moves that are also not useless.

arcsys i think is good enough to make FGs were most of your moves as a character is useful, they just dont balance characters for the sake of balancing but for most of their moveset at least to be used somewhere in the game.

look at fucking Tekken 6, you have players playing a 5 move competitive Bruce and a 5 min Jack.

but i hope they put a lot of unique zoners this time, (the 3 DLC characters are fucking rushers).

i hope that Relius turns out to be different than Carl, maybe they can make him so that you will control the puppet and press D to move Relius instead. lol

CS2 really should've just been CS1 with the CS2 corner combos toned down a little bit to be a reward for getting your enemy in the corner rather than your only means of doing damage. With the exception of the small handful of characters that break 4-5k mid screen.

thats what im talking about, its either they buff midscreen for "rusher" characters that have weak midscreen damage, or nerf wall damage from them. either way, their should less marginal damage acquired when comboing a dude on the wall (ie 2.5k-3k midscreens and 3.5-4k max damage on wall.) if people want damage, meter should be the primary source for adding damage.

No, I was being honest. Most 3D fighters are total ass.

then SC sucks ass,

Don't give a rats ass about how hard they have to work or their arbitrary policies. If you aren't going to use GGPO or steal whatever the hell ArcSys is doing, don't even bother putting your fighter online because it will be a joke.

yeah i was thinking about that net code made by arc system, it was surprisingly good. I thought it was fucking GGPO.

anyways i have read about some discussions in dreamcancel. (good news and bad news)

there was a panel discussion that the DLC characters will be made to be a little stronger than the rest (i hope its not overpowered like K, Raiden etc....)

it seems like poongko had an interview were he is interested in KOF13 and also Alex Valle plans to push the game into the american FG scene very hard.

i hope at least KoF 13 replaces Tekken in Evo. what a waste of slot.

Edited by atdsutm

"-The DLC characters will be basically be a little stronger than other characters." "note: very obviously, if they want people to buy them."

this is what someone has stated exactly in dreamcancel.

althought obscure is right, its kinda like how CS1 had crazy DLC characters, then later patched to hell with everybody. not to mention adding up DLC unlimited characters etc (but cannot be used online).... maybe its the same case.

i hope it is the same case with kof, i dont want them to ruin the game's balance (which many considered the 1.1 version almost perfect if not only for K, Raiden and Elisabeth)

Edited by atdsutm

Snipped most of your post since we're in agreement.

i hope that Relius turns out to be different than Carl, maybe they can make him so that you will control the puppet and press D to move Relius instead. lol

There's only been a few screen shots released for him so far, the puppet is on the same meter but what it looks like is that you summon it rather than having it always be there. So it will probably be more of a tool rather than his sole means of fighting. I have my fingers crossed for it being EXE Beast-like.

then SC sucks ass

Nope. That's one of the very few good ones. Haha.

As far as the KoF DLC goes, SNK is fucking nuts if they make them any better than the rest of the cast because it's unnecessary in order to move product, and the concept of selling advantages is fucking asinine as well. They only have to be all around solid characters and their sales would be fine. KoF doesn't really find a lot of casual fans in the way that MK9 and SF had, so doing anything to intentionally break the game balance will be more likely to simply cause your base to back away from your game, or at the very least, associate your company with an even greater level of retardation.

There's only been a few screen shots released for him so far, the puppet is on the same meter but what it looks like is that you summon it rather than having it always be there. So it will probably be more of a tool rather than his sole means of fighting. I have my fingers crossed for it being EXE Beast-like.

i dont care, i just want to move relius by pressing D, and IAD, gold burst, RC with my puppet.

Nope. That's one of the very few good ones. Haha.

As far as the KoF DLC goes, SNK is fucking nuts if they make them any better than the rest of the cast because it's unnecessary in order to move product, and the concept of selling advantages is fucking asinine as well. They only have to be all around solid characters and their sales would be fine. KoF doesn't really find a lot of casual fans in the way that MK9 and SF had, so doing anything to intentionally break the game balance will be more likely to simply cause your base to back away from your game, or at the very least, associate your company with an even greater level of retardation.

true, i think SNKP knows how the community wants the current tier placement to be balanced and not compromised it.

They did a lot of balance changes that the community already loved, it would be stupid to ruin it all by adding some OP characters unless they patch it or make them ala "Unlimited Characters" kinda like Blazblue

• 4 months later...

A bit late, as it's been out for a while and I haven't stopped by lately, but the game is out and I absolutely love it. Mature's infinite and Raidens dropkick shenanigans have been removed and K' got a slight overal damage reduction, making the game far more balanced than it was before. The netcode works well enough locally but has trouble in matches outside of the area, something Atlus is hard at work fixing. Classic Iori is great and NESTS Kyo and Mr. Karate both look like they're going to be a lot of fun too when they're released.

This is certainly one of my favorite fighting games ever. Good job SNK and ATLUS.

Duo Lon 4 life, yo.