Dominate

Raven

Now this A.C I used on regulation 1.0, and 1.2 I have not downloaded the regulations 1.4 but I still think I'd share my idea to see how exactly I'd do in actual competition.

My specific play style I have issues hitting with anything that isn't a sniper rifle or an assault rifle so my main source of damage comes from early on missile barrages with the double back units I have. combined with the shoulder unit it simulates the SALINE's from regulation 1.0 for monstrous damage. However, a set of flares really destroy my strategy and then I have to rely on my rifles which because of the melee ability being over 100 I can hit with them quite well.

I have so many issues dodging, no with this AC but in general and I feel that without proper dodging technique I'll get ripped apart so if someone wants to test drive this, by all means.

Again I haven't played 1.4 so I do not know the changes but please ANY suggestions would be nice but please back them up with reasoning lol. Please no posts like...

"Get rid of the missiles and put ADD boosters on."

Please I'd like to have as much detail as possible with any compliments, or suggestions. Thank you and I hope you enjoy my AC.

Head: EKHAZAR-HEAD

Core: SOLUH-CORE

Arms: AM-LAHIRE

Legs: L01-TELLUS

FCS: 047AN05

Generator: S08-MAXWELL

M.Boost: 03-AALIYAH/M

S.Boost: AB-JUDITH

B.Boost: BB11-LATONA

O.Boost: KB-JUDITH

R.Arm: MR-R100R

L.Arm: MR-R100R

R.Back: DEARBORN03

L.Back: DEARBORN03

Shoulder: MUSSELSHELL

Hanger: GAEN01-SL-WHx2

Stabilizers: (The highest of each category.)

Colors: Black + Gray.

Pattern: Mini Camo.

Emblem: Raven Feather.

Lynx: Raven

NEXT: Dominate

• Tellus legs were never that good.
  • Generators got really heavy in 1.40; try Judith gen.
  • 047AN wasn't really that good, especially with your weapon set; try Hogire or Judith.
  • Judith side booster is pretty bad overall; try Latona or stronger.

I could go more in depth if you want.

• Tellus legs were never that good.
  • Generators got really heavy in 1.40; try Judith gen.
  • 047AN wasn't really that good, especially with your weapon set; try Hogire or Judith.
  • Judith side booster is pretty bad overall; try Latona or stronger.

I could go more in depth if you want.

Please do, I'd enjoy any and all criticism. And any pointers at all. I should be getting 1.4 later on tonight. (Hopefully)

The generator I am currently using gives me a lot of energy to have air sustainability as well as the ability to quick boost in accordance to my enemy for a long period of time.

I would say the only reason I have that FCS is because of the constant frustration of never being able to lock onto my opponent at decent ranges.

I think I used those side boosters because I was having issues controlling the quick boost of my AC.

But please continue, elaborate as much as possible.

There are problems all over the place.

Frame: To start, the TELLUS legs throw out any bonus you could've gathered speed wise that your frame is seemed to be going for. Generator is waaaaaay too fucking heavy for this design, try Judith or Lahire instead. Remember: use LW legs if you want to move like a LW, MW legs to fight like a MW, and Heavy Legs to carry like a heavy. Heavier class legs than the speed your aiming for will always fail you. Also, in particular I remember the Soluh Core being crap. Maybe try something like 047 Head, Ekhazar Core, 063 Arms, Aaliyah Legs, Lahire Generator, and HOGIRE FCS.

Internals (Generator+FCS) I just noticed that as I typed: why are you using one of the worst FCS in the game? Lock Speed being that low makes everything else about the thing useless, because something with less Missile Lock or Range will affix to your opponent FASTER than this will because of it's lock speed. At this point I'm just trying to point out as much as I can because I've gathered your very new to this or never put much thought into it until now.

Weapons: Nothing wrong with Dual Rifle I guess. No imagination but hey, I won't judge. Maybe up to a pair of rifle with faster fire rate and more damage. The missiles setup would be better if you changed one to be a Wheeling and changed your Overbooster to Linstant/O so you could Joust (joust meaning to Overboost toward the opponent as you fire your missiles at them so that they retain the speed boost you had while moving as they move after your target, more on your boosters later) them effectively while also having a setup to fall back on if your sitting back poking someone.

Okay, boosters. Aaliyah main? Sure, why not, a little drainy but it will do the job. Judith side? Meh, Preference tells me either Holofernes if you want power or Latona if you want conservation. Judith OB? Perfect for if you almost never use your OB, otherwise drop Linstant in there. BB Latona is fine.

^^^NOW THAT WAS ALL IF YOU WERE AIMING FOR AN OFFENSIVE MACHINE BECAUSE THIS TRAINWRECK LOOKS LIKE YOU COULD'VE BEEN PLANNING ON EITHER, DEFENSE SHALL BE THE FOLLOWING BELOW THIS^^^

Well now, if we're going defensive then:

Boosters: You would want Judith Mains, Holofernes (heavy-set frame) or Ortega (Mid or Light frame) Side, Linstant/O, and Aaliyah Back. The reasoning is that Judith trades forward momentum capabilities for almost effortless flight and vert thrust, which will be much more important on a defensive craft anyhow. The side recommendation is because on Heavies in particular you need the extra thrust in order to maximize turning ability, one of their bigger weaknesses. You'll need the power to quick-boost turn and Holo delivers. Mid or Light it is still important to have turning speed but Holo would be overdoing it in that case. Linstant/O is probaby the best non-AA overbooster their is and if you don't use it, it's not very drainy at all.

Internals (FCS+Gen, I am aware internals normally refers to these two things and the boosters but they are two different topics really):

Again, HOGIRE would be fine. It's a great FCS. 063 and Omina are also FCS to consider depending on the weapon selection you end up with.

Weapons: Defensively, dual rifles is still file on a mid-weight, and would even work on the frame I suggested before. You'd still need to change the missiles around a bit. I'm thinking Osage and Wheelings rather than VTFs since both would be great for pushing people back. The side Musselshell would be helpful but.... flares are so much more important defensively, since they allow you to ignore enemy missiles and continue to hold cover and/or circle or whatever you're doing. Doubly so for a Heavyweight frame, since they can't dodge missiles for shit.

Frame: Heavy or Light? Pick one and have someone else explain to you what your frame should look like. Everything changes drastically depending on which direction on the scales your going.

Vincent, if I may thank you! Very much for the tips you have given I certainly need to put a bit more thought. In addition to explain a bit of my past history I was big on AC: SL for the PS2 for a very longggg period of time, and then I immediately stopped playing afterward. So as far as the new generation ACs are concerned I am extremely new and the help is very much appreciated!

Frame wise I was going for a Middle weight with some mobility if possible so a Middle/Light weight.

I also was big on this specific FCS cause of its range but I have noticed against much quicker targets its almost impossible to hit my rifles but I do hit with my missiles, and I hit them often believe it or not. In addition I'm not a big jouster and I only so it mainly with the VTF missiles as soon as I grab a lock on, but with my rifles I prefer to circle. Even despite my quick turning isn't mastered yet. Also I actually dislike the Wheeling missiles as I seem to never get any decent hits off, and these missiles really do pack a punch in combination with the shoulders and moreover they're the most consistent I've seen out of all my missile combos.

The dual rifle is again not 100% by choice, but it seems that weapons I would like to hit with I can't simply hit with so I chose the rifles because I hit consistently and because I have a certain love for their actual look. (Call me weird lol)

I didn't realize generators got so heavy in 1.4, most likely to prevent the people equipping God like generators to light models, so again any tips regarding the New Regulations is great. I've been getting very used to 1.2, so trust me all of this is sooooo appreciated lol.

May I ask what's wrong with my current head/core/arm setup? Since you immediately ripped it apart in your first paragraph lol. In addition, I wanted to move like a fast middleweight (If even possible).

Also I've never tried several of these combinations but these boosters/generator seem to save my energy output I will definitely try some of these tonight but I was wondering how the energy consumption truly is compared to the design I have now since I have a big issue with running out of energy.

Lastly, I never had the need for Flares since I actually dodge missiles quite well. I've had a lot of practice from my best friend who uses an entire frame based on missiles to practice on me.

And as a quick note, I am not entirely sure what you mean by Defensive options and if you have the time to please elaborate. I really do appreciate the help, all of you. Thank you.

As in elaborate on defensive play as a whole?

Well, with a LW, defensive play would boil down to you using your superior mobility to just poke them all damn day and hide behind cover, and when you're not doing these things you still have options for maintaining space due to your weight class.

With a buff middleweight or a heavyweight, defense is all you have. Or the only thing you should consider. The most important rule of heavyweight play being:

You have the AP Lead, You have the larger arsenal, and You have the clock on your side. Let your opponent come to you.

With that in mind, heavy play is more tactical than the random, instinctual, wtf-was-that-kind of shit that goes on in CQC and Rushing (exaggerating the fuck out of this, but you get my meaning). You stick to cover. You pay special attention to your Flanks and your rear. You have a weapon setup that allows you to fight at all ranges. After all, they have the speed, they control the range at which battle takes place. Don't try to fight that current.

A Mid-weight defensive plays a little different than that and has a few more options.

With a Mid you will probably still have the AP lead, but now you have more freedom with your weapon choice since you have some range control. It's just easier for your opponent to take AP lead and you don't get to carry the same weight of weaponry.

EDIT: Why be lazy, let's address some of your points here:

The dual rifle is again not 100% by choice, but it seems that weapons I would like to hit with I can't simply hit with so I chose the rifles because I hit consistently and because I have a certain love for their actual look. (Call me weird lol)

THIS IS PROBABLY BECAUSE OF YOUR FCS. RANGE ISN'T IMPORTANT. ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR WEAPON SET. ACCEPT THIS INTO YOUR SKULL NOW.

May I ask what's wrong with my current head/core/arm setup? Since you immediately ripped it apart in your first paragraph lol. In addition, I wanted to move like a fast middleweight (If even possible).

I gave you an example of a fast-moving MID (check my other post again =/ )

LEMME BREAK IT DOOOOOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN:

Ekhazar: I see no reason not to just upgrade to 063 or 047. And when that is true, you're using the wrong part.

Soluh: Thing might as well be constructed from stale marshmallows. Hell, You'd probably be better off using the Sobrero Core in FA. Soluh was good in AC4, but not here.

Lahire: I forget the stats on these but I'm sure you'd be better served by many other arms on the roster.

Tellus: Well, you can't have something that moves fast on Tellus, it won't work. Or, it might be possible, but the design will come out so shitty everywhere else (as was the case with what you did with your frame) that it doesn't matter anymore.

Lastly, I never had the need for Flares since I actually dodge missiles quite well. I've had a lot of practice from my best friend who uses an entire frame based on missiles to practice on me.

In truth, flares are only NEEDED on heavies. So it's up to you. Maybe try WG Core & Arms if you can live without shoulder ext. It'd give you such an advantage.

I didn't realize generators got so heavy in 1.4, most likely to prevent the people equipping God like generators to light models, so again any tips regarding the New Regulations is great. I've been getting very used to 1.2, so trust me all of this is sooooo appreciated lol.

Judith, Lahire, Aaliyah. These three are your friends. Although in your case I don't think that's the problem because you spoke of EN problems on MAXWELL when your not even running anything drainy besides Aaliyah. You just need to work on basic EN conservation. Player issue. Not game. I'm def not saying keep running Maxy on this design because it's fat as hell and isn't worth it here. I'm saying that you won't really find a good fix with any gen if you can't control your EN on Maxwell.

Also, your doin missiles wrong. SOMEONE ELSE BETTER TAKE THAT BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE. Except b. Who popped in for like 5 seconds.

But yeah, going to reiterate. Your FCS is one of the worst in the game. Range cannot and never will make up for poor lock speed, very little in this game can, as a matter of fact. Switch. To. Hogire. If you really must have range. This buries your ability to use have the weapons in this game, this FCS of yours. Stop being dumb.

Edited by Vincent210

well, next person would be mine.

I dunno about other regulation anymore so I'll talk by my reg 1.4 experienced.

first, I'll said about your bot, it's seems to be mid-range combat but whole things are not right to be.

so....

- change head to 047 for most lock-on range plus by camera function.

- change core to EKHAZAR, since it was just a bit heavier and a bit drainy than SOLUH while AP and total defense are better.

- change legs to anything but TELLUS, btw if I look from your current bot, I'll prefered you to use AALIYAH and WG legs for this case.

- change FCS to HOGIRE like Vincent said. but you can also use 063AN05 and JUDITH for FCS instead if you still use current weapons set.

- like b (NlJl) said, MAXWELL was too heavy so LAHIRE, JUDITH or AALIYAH gen are better choice.

- if your bot was lightweight (full LAHIRE or something like that) JUDITH side is fine, but in this case, SCHEDAR or LATONA side are better.

- swap one of DEARBORN03 to other missile, MP-O601JC, WHEELING03, MP-O203 are fine stuffs, btw you can also try BIGSIOUX for jousting if you want. (for jousting, LINSTANT/O is great but just KB-JUDITH is fine)

- drop both hanger weapons out, or try MARVE | RF-R100R and put something in hanger under MARVE.

second, about defensive, since Vincent already said a lot of useful things so I'll tell you about just what I think about it.

what defensive bot needed is...

- total defense. 10k for solid and 8-9k for EN is fine.

- stability. for biped, more than 4k is fine, or make it higher to nearly 10k ASAP will be great.

- primal armor. it would be decrease enemy's attack.

- turning, especially side booster. HOLOFERNES, AALIYAH/S, LAHIRE, and SCHEDAR, these side boosters are heavy's friendly. (SCHEDAR will be good for in case of using with GAN02-NSS-L only)

- good tactics. it's the most important thing. other guys said about it better than me.

that's all folks.

Next person who suggests 047AN02 as a part to default to needs to get a vasectomy.

When the frame of this build is changed to something decent, the general direction of the rest of it as-is isn't going to require stability from the head part nor the buffed lock range. If you make it heavier to where bazookas, shotguns and sniper cannons can actually pose a stun-lock threat, or if you need to deal with the recoil of using these weapons yourself, then you can worry about stability. Otherwise, it's not important. Take a higher base defense oriented part like Hilbert, Soldner, Argyros, etc.

With lock range, only get enough of it for what your weapon sets actual effective ranges are. Dual rifles are not going to touch anything at ridiculous ranges like 800+, so there is no point in getting that lock in the first place. Apply this logic to every other weapon, what their purpose is and what their velocity is. Like the 049ANSC, it isn't going to be hitting anyone worth their salt (Mmm, salt.) at 1200+ ranges, rather than within somewhere around 900, depending on what your enemy is doing.

The only time I see very high lock range as something worthwhile is when you're planning to lock through cover, and you generally have to go all-out with that strategy with either Laura or the 061AN05 accompanied by the 047AN02. Using the lock range to simply see your enemy at long range can be neat sometimes, but I later found out that using my eyeballs can accomplish the same thing without sacrificing certain aspects of the design for something useless. This is what building a competitive design would be about in the first place, losing the skill crutches and going for potential where you reasonably can.

Even if we're going on to the extremes of taking garbage maps like Big Box into consideration, getting a strong radar would be the better way to go. Need to have some way to find those AP lead tanks, right? But this is why I don't consider Ranked as something competitive worthy, the maps can make certain common match-ups into rock, paper, scissors. It's horrible enough to where I'm surprised FROM didn't go all the way and put Cradles in there.

Anyway, I'm starting to babble. I don't feel like touching on the entire mess of advice given so far, so that's all for now. When you update the original post with your decided revision, I'll see if I can take another poke at it.

Oh, and welcome to ACU.

Thakn you all, I will definitely have to take some of this into consideration. In addition I just also renewed my Xbox live account so I'll definitely try some of these out. :( Thank you all for your consideration and again if anyone has anything else to say or comment I'd still appreciate it. Now I just have to figure out what to do for my AC now lol.

Head: EKHAZAR-HEAD

Ok, its not really adding anything to the AC but its not taking anything way either. Since you seem to want a light mid or heavier you don't need the stability this head provides. You could be boring like everyone else and use the 047 head or you could be different and use a heavy head like chod suggested. Try hilbert or soldner as they will provide the same camera function while giving some extra defense.

Core: SOLUH-CORE

While not a terrible core it truly is a niche part. Specifically PA focused lightweights. Ekhazar is standard and unimaginative, 063 would also work depending on how fast you want to be. If your willing to sacrifice your shoulders try white glint core.

Arms: AM-LAHIRE

If you had a lightweight MG/AR or MG/Shotty AC this would be an ok pick. For dual rifles, no. 063 arms can handle most weapons easily and dual rifles splendidly.

Legs: L01-TELLUS

Like b said these are pretty bad. For mobility I would use Aaliyah legs, but white glint will also serve you well. Which you pick is going to depend on what your trying to do with the AC. Aaliyah has better AP and is faster while WG has better defense, stability and holds a little bit more.

FCS: 047AN05

Umm, yea just do what everyone else said and use judith. Thats a pretty fail safe part.

Generator: S08-MAXWELL

If you really need that much en use Aaliyah. However even that generator is really heavy. Judith is probably the best pick here, lahire is another if you want better PA for your OB.

M.Boost: 03-AALIYAH/M

All things considered this is probably the best main booster in the game. It can be fast enough to keep on someone, it can fly well if you tune out the vertical thrust and its not overly drainy. I would only change this if you needed to accomplish something specific.

S.Boost: AB-JUDITH

If you like low impact side boosters use Schedar. However thats really more for something that constantly rushes its target. Try out different boosters here, Aaliyah, lahire, holofernes are all good strong choices. (Lahire drains a LOT tho)

B.Boost: BB11-LATONA

Fine if you don't plan on going backwards. For a dual rifle AC I would really suggest trying a high powered back booster, Aaliyah. That way you can backpedal people with a stronger CQ game than you.

O.Boost: KB-JUDITH

I dunno about this part. It always seems like dead weight to me. If you want to joust your missiles use Linstant. You could also use Assault armor but some people hate it.

R.Arm: MR-R100R

L.Arm: MR-R100R

At least these are different. Unfortunately I can't think of something that the R100s can do that the 051annr can't do better. If you keep on Aaliyah legs you could also use a MG/AR after your missiles are expended. Give Motorcobra and Mr-102 a whirl if you like that route.

R.Back: DEARBORN03

L.Back: DEARBORN03

These will hit for a load of damage but you really need to be close to your opponent or doing a missile fly bye to make them hit. (For which you would need to be lighter and faster) A much easier to use missile combo would be MP-203 and 061. You can fire the 203s from mid range and the 061 when doing just about anything. If you want a jousting combo I like Bigsoiux and musselshell but thats pretty easy to dodge.

Shoulder: MUSSELSHELL

Fine if you are going to be jousting. Otherwise just use the 061 spread extensions. Those will punish people who try to run from your missiles and they work well with any missile type.

Hanger: GAEN01-SL-WHx2

I wouldn't use hangers at all since that just adding weight. You have sufficient ammo to kill an enemy AC, even two.

If your Xbox shoot me a message and we'll have a few games.

id play around online in reg 1.4 before posting a design tbh, since theres a huge gap in mechanics and part performance from 1.0 -> 1.2 -> 1.4

re-post the ac when youve got a feel for 1.4 because most of the "advice" posted wont be worth dick until you know how 1.4 works

i know you posted it just so you could get an idea of how the ac would work in a different reg, but regs will change playstyles, habits, tendencies, missile dodging, etc by a large margin, which will probably sway the way you think about how you build your ac, not to mention stat changes completely change the dominant frame archetypes

in short, this topic is full of bologna and i admit i didnt read any of it beyond first 1/4 of first post

• 4 weeks later...