In Time

exogen

Great movie that I just saw.

The movie had allot of depth and a deep set of moral struggles and dilemmas to think/talk about. I liked that it raised allot of philosophical and social questions particularly on things like justice.

The movie had some action. suspense and great acting. JT is really not a bad actor in my opinion, but then again I'm not really a big critic either.

Has romance and plenty of other elements to the plot.

Good writing; they did a good job of showing but not telling and leaving much open for interpretation and imagination.

Overall I thought this was really well done and I enjoyed it. I would recommend this to any of you. I wont go into any real detail for those that haven't seen it and don't want to spoiled. check it out if you haven't seen it.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

saw this with my girl not too long ago. thought it was alright. chick was hot imo. dont know about the lots of philosophical and social questions bit though. dont know about leaving a lot open for interpretation and imagination part either.

despite this though, I gotta agree with exogen. I dont think it was trying to be unpredictable at all.

@ ethos, well without blowing the whole movie up this is what I mean by those two things you said.

Remember the statement "in order for some be immortal many must be mortal" or however it was said exactly vs. "if everyone can't live forever than no one should." That's just one example right there of the philosophical issues centered around justice the movie raises. The whole Robbinhood thing and the question of "balance" in the "natural" order is a political and ethical debate.

As for imagination and interpretation I'm talking about for starters how they never explained how or why they came to have time as a currency or even how it works. They left that intentionally unexplained which makes you wonder. In general though they did allot of showing and not to much telling which is good because it leaves the door open for disagreement about sub details.

Harold and Kumar are good fun. Straight up.

This movie though, I dunno about it man. A few of the early teasers and interviews I saw for this movie kept saying how original and groundbreaking the story was; yet every time I talk to somebody about it or see something new from it, it feels like a shitty version of Logan's Run. To be fair, if they (re)made a movie for LR now, it would probably feel like a shitty version of itself, too.

Original? Groundbreaking? Mediocre at the most. Are there really people out there who think it's something new and original to turn old sayings like 'time is money' into movies, books and the like?

And while I'm on the topic, the Quantum Thief has somewhat same idea but better.

Original? Groundbreaking? Mediocre at the most. Are there really people out there who think it's something new and original to turn old sayings like 'time is money' into movies, books and the like?

Dude, "Another Day, Another Dollar: The Movie" will be the biggest blockbuster since Coupon: The Movie.