Doublespeak

Genocide

Here's a heavy made showcasing Argyros/A. It works pretty damn well, but it is somewhat lacking in long range. Anyhow, I figure I know what a quick fix for that would be, but I'll post it up so you all can tell me what you think:

Hd-Judith|C01-Tellus|Argryos/A|Hilbert-G7L

Fs-Judith|03-Aaliyah/G

Cb-Judith|BB11-Latona|AB-Hogire|Gan02-NSS-O.CG

LR02-Altair|Sampaguita|GRB-Travers|061ANCM|Gallatin02

Stabilized: (0,-2) (Head L; Hd-Hogire-Opt02)

Tunes:

50; EN Out, EN Cap., Arm Maneuverability, Turning Speed, OB Thrust, Side QB, Main QB

44; Radar Refresh

28; MS Lock

20; Lock

Paint (R/G/ ;)

All Frame

Pattern: 1

Main: 135/55/0

Sub: 255/255/255

Support: 255/110/0

Optional: 30/65/65

Joint: 115/120/120

Device: 100/125/200

Eye: 36/0/255

All Weapon

Pattern: 1

Main: 110/50/45

Sub: 255/255/255

Support: 46/48/50

Optional: 36/38/40

Needs more sniper cannon! That's what I would do. I would probably switch the missile for an SC, assuming the extra weight fits. (it probably doesn't) Or maybe switch the GL for an SC and keep the missile, assuming laser/shotgun is good enough for CQC deterrent things. In that case, I'd also change the laser to something like ER-O200.

Not sure. I can't even decide what I'm doing with my own HW's weapon setups lately.

Yeah, I know, that's what I figured the quick fix would be. But I kind of don't want to use that. I wanted to try using some less common parts. Hence Altair over ER-O200, and the lack of a sniper cannon. Also, that's the chief reason for using Argyros/A over Hilbert.

Also, the way the weapons are paired is fine. The Sampaguita and Travers functioned as the close range combo. When people rush this AC, which is only natural given that it is a slow moving heavy, I promptly blast them in the face with the shotgun to stun and drain PA for a follow up with the grenade launcher. Altair and 061ANCM functioned as a mid - long range combo, the missiles being the long range component. The laser I realize loses some of its potency at greater ranges, but the velocity of the Altair somewhat compensates for that drawback I feel. And paired with Argyros' already high EN skill, it has become a serviceable substitute for a sniper rifle/cannon (in some instances, obviously the laser can not strike at the extreme end of the long range spectrum, but it is also true that a person's ability to react to incoming SC rounds increases as the range to target does).

I am considering a rail gun instead of a sniper weapon, but I can't really figure out where a good place to put it would be.

I'd also like to thank you for noticing the arm synergy too, Sampaguita/Altair does perform very well in close range battle. It's ability to strike at both sides of an AC's defense is very useful when people usually bias their defenses to counter the prevailing norm of shell-based weapons online. Though their isn't really much synergy happening beyond this until the shotgun can break the enemy's PA.