Tsutomu Nihei

Aokiryu89

You guys now about this guy?

Blame!(Supposed to be BLAM! but yeah translations)

NOiSE

Biomega

Abara

Digimortal

Knights of Cydonia

Wolverine SNIKT!

Breaking Quarantine

He's also an architect and a big fan of the HALO video games.

I first discovered his work when I came across his single volume manga called NOiSE. It mentioned how it was a prequel to BLAME! which sounded familiar to me and when I looked up BLAME! It felt like something I may have seen before.

Anyways he is the first artist I started digging info on and started up my desire to learn more about the creators of many works in different mediums.

People in general are either highly drawn to his work or find it mediocre. I've met some who have found his work completely appalling but I have yet to find a reason that was beyond their taste in art. As a fan of his work I admit the one thing no ones seems to bring up. He does not like drawing manga, he is not very patient and it is obvious by the evolution of his style. However considering how much work he puts into drawing massive structures and epic scenes who could blame him?

It does seem he listens to criticism given the drastic change in style from his current international hit BIOMEGA to the one he is currently seralized with Knights of Cydonia. The style changed from increased realism down to a simplified typical anime appearance with less lines to confuse would be readers and more whites and blacks.

I do feel the epitome of his real style so far can be seen with the last few volumes of Blame! and the general style of Biomega. I hope he goes back to it with the end of KoC. Though Like I said before he is not very patient and oh dear I talked to much.

Anyways my brother is also a huge fan since I introduced him to his work and has been taking up a similar style.

OTL SORRY FOR SO MUCH CHATTER

Ah yeah, I just looked over the copies that my brother has been collecting. After reading his other stuff NOiSE is best for intruducing people to his style and BLAM! is still his masterpiece work. Very fitting considering that it was indeed based off his debut piece of the same name.

Nice to see other fans. I first heard of him thanks to a friend who showed me this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k

It's still one of my favourite AMVs.

After reading Biomega I was astonished of it's mindfuck story and I needed more. So, I scavenged everythig I could find and I still want more.

A lot of his works are quite similar (especially Blame!, NOiSE and Biomega) with end of the world (as we know it), cyborgzombies, androids and something small and vital that needs saving/protecting, but luckily there are also things like Abara.

Also, Blame! Academy. Totally unexpected and awesome.

Edited by Assailant

Me and my brother are actually hoping Bungie's next project may be some sort of hard Sci Fi open world type of game. With some similar weapons to Blame!

I want a Gravitational Beam Emitter! :wiggle:

This is what I saw that started making me read Blame! after I had bought and read NOiSE

NOTE: The song in the vid is Broken Boy Soldier-Reconteurs

Edited by Ogawa L.A

Yeah, I never really got into american comics so I wasn't enough of a loony fan to get upset over the liberties Nihei took with Wolverine. Apparently some fans got all whiny over him having "lightning quick strikes". But when I looked at it that didn't seem to be the case, he wasn't exactly going Fist of the North Star/DBZ in there haha. Generally that's also what I really like about the action in Tsutomu Nihei stuff, it's crucial and realistic given the scenarios.

You know there was rumor their was supposed to be a 3D animated movie series for Blame! but I think that was just a rumor and all they did was this promotional OVA, with the Sanakan and Killy models as part of the main selling point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07iWAfjgqaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyzhmGAlgyI&feature=related

^That's all there is. I don't think they'll ever make a movie anytime soon.

But if the project is in fact for what was rumored, then it's going to be something even bigger than the Hellsing Ultimate project. But seeing as there is nothing I doubt that's true. Plus with the whole tsunami thing.....eeh.

EDIT: Scratch that, it is indeed an official project, nothing has come up on it's cancellation however nothing really has come up period. Presuming they are still in fact working on it then it must be something they want to touch on very carefully and precisely, working on it along side their short term projects. Still seeing no news on the damn thing for 4 years is very troubling.

Edited by Ogawa L.A