Zinaida and Mollycoddle

Griffon

It was mentioned once or twice in Last Raven that Zinaida was apparently out to get Mollycoddle.

Was this ever fleshed out? It just seems so strange that the game would point that kind of detail out and then not bring it up again. I know there were a couple people speculating that Zinaida may have actually been Agraya after him for stealing Genobees design, but that doesn't seem to add up. Was this brought up in the JP version of the game and lost in translation?

Actually, that makes perfect sense.

Agraya and Zinaida are similar in design, and share a similar habit of "sucking up to the head honcho to meet their own ends". She may have had a connection to Genobee, thinking that he was worthy of the title of "Last Raven.". It would be extremely shameful if some low rank loser took his prized AC, color scheme, and even combat maneuvers for himself, disgracing Genobee in his grave.

This could even be her driving factor behind wanting to be the "Last Raven", to avenge Genobee in some sort of twisted fashion. But if she wanted to be Last Raven, first she would have to be rid of the person imitating and disgracing her former leader.

I personally think that adds up rather nicely. Of course this is all dependant on if Agraya dies in Nexus or not, or if she faked her death and took up a new name and AC.

Actually, that makes perfect sense.

Agraya and Zinaida are similar in design, and share a similar habit of "sucking up to the head honcho to meet their own ends". She may have had a connection to Genobee, thinking that he was worthy of the title of "Last Raven.". It would be extremely shameful if some low rank loser took his prized AC, color scheme, and even combat maneuvers for himself, disgracing Genobee in his grave.

This could even be her driving factor behind wanting to be the "Last Raven", to avenge Genobee in some sort of twisted fashion. But if she wanted to be Last Raven, first she would have to be rid of the person imitating and disgracing her former leader.

I personally think that adds up rather nicely. Of course this is all dependant on if Agraya dies in Nexus or not, or if she faked her death and took up a new name and AC.

I've heard that rumor quite a bit.

I always just thought she was out to kill the strongest Ravens; Mollycoddle uses Genobee's Dual Face, which would probably catch her attention as Genobee used to be the #1 Raven.

It could also be that he did something similar to what you did during the Eliminate Intruders, which was sully her reputation, and now wanted him dead.