Can You Call This Art?

Adonael

I was bored the a few weeks ago and I drew up this little character.

Uh oh

I'm not a great artist, or at lest I don't think I am. This little guy spawned out of my mind and I might do something with him eventually.

Comic maybe? or I just might make him 3d. Who knows.

Go for it. I don't think 'good' art is needed to make something interesting (not to say your sketch was bad, I actually like it).

I think it would be fun to try a comic in paint if I had time. The pose you put that guy in makes him seem active, you could probably come up with a story just by expanding on that alone.

• 1 month later...

Lol.

Since this post is so close to the top, instead of making new topic I'll post a few pictures here that I found. Thinking about getting back into drawing, but thats frustrating.

These two are a bit old. The characters place is in a story I've been working on since I was...14? I drew these a couple of years back to give faces to the characters and colored them recently out of boredom. My style has gotten better since then. I'll have to get my scanner working though.

Drei

Kessen

This is a repaint of what I've come to call E.V.O.

E.V.O Paint 2

I was doodling, more like practicing, because I had nothing better to do today. Heres something I did today.

Doodles

When I get back in art from a long pause I like to practice each body parts individually. There is a lot of mistakes in these pictures but practice makes perfect. Theres more detail in the faces now compared to my old style of 2 years ago. The errors are, Front view; The left eye is different than the right. The face isn't exactly symmetrical. I didn't detail the ears either. Side, Well, the whole picture looks wrong to me for some odd reason. I can't put my finger on it, obviously means I did something wrong and I know it, but I don't. The Quarter view I messed up period and abandoned it. Next thing I'll be working on is hands. My , absolutely, positively most favorite thing to draw.

Constructive criticism and tips are welcome.

P.S. Sorry about the blurriness. My scanner is fried so I used my webcam.