Tera Online

Magnus

from what i understand: this game has massive amounts of stripperific armour (i mean shit some of them I must actually be held on using the pelvic floor muscles if you know what I mean, and some may as well just fall right off the nipples). but I dunno, I havent really seen it played enough to make a judgement. but I do like the idea of an open world rpg with real time, action game style hitbox based battles.

Edit: breasts are fully rendered down to the nipples in that game. Seems to be a common trend nowadays but: also full physics... on a side note the publisher did make the artists censor the nipples: but the fans saved the skin files from the original beta and have them up for DL.

The publishers been doing a lot of censorship for that game: right down to the Elin race's costume. because we westerners cannot handle titties, lolis, and sexualization in our vidya.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

• 2 weeks later...

I just hit a point where this game plays like Monster Hunter with twenty Kutkus in the same field, whom won't attack you unless you attack them.

You could lure them all together and fight twenty Basilisks all at once.. Too bad Closed Beta is over now.

The betas are every other weekend. And each weekend, there are a massive amount of beta keys going out. The sure-fire way to get in to the next beta is to put $5 down at GameStop and then get that money back if you don't like the game.

I'm quite fond of it, personally. It's a breath of fresh air to the MMO genre. I bought a Korean account some months ago, I played in the Japanese open beta and I've been playing in the NA closed beta weekends. The game is a blast, but it suffers from all the same issues any ot other Korean-made MMO has. However, these shortcomings are easily ignored when combat is afoot. Both PvP and PvE are lots of fun. And since it's an action-based game, everything has a hitbox. If your attack does not actually make contact with the target, you will not deal damage. Likewise, if it doesn't hit you, you won't take damage. And each class has its own way of mitigating damage; some classes block and others dodge.

I recommend giving the game a shot. If any of you do, hit me up! I'm on the Jagged Coast (PvP) server and my character's name is Koroshiya.

Or it could work out like Spiral Knights, and they have promotions every now and then to buy them.

The more I can offset my sub, the better. Or the more I can afford armor templates, the better. Either works.

My previous post was slightly misinformed. When I had originally read that article when it was first posted, I had misread it to saying "Or trade them in for gold" instead of "trade them in the game with other players for gold." I had thought they were a way of bringing more money into circulation, like giving people a money printing press. If it were that way, it would ruin the economy. In reality, this won't create any sort of generalized inflation. My bad.

However, I don't think this will work quite as well as En Masse thinks. In order to get a Chronoscroll, a player must spend real money; the intent would be to earn in-game money. In order to gain this in-game money, you need a buyer. Then, the seller must consider, "I paid 'X' amount of money for this scroll and I can earn 'Y' amount of gold from it. Are my returns worth what I paid to receive it?" What this will do is cause gold farmers to set their prices accordingly; "You can pay us less money to get the same or more in-game gold." Cheaper gold means more chances for business, but requires them to work harder in return to adjust for loss of sales. That is, assuming business doesn't pick up from easier accessibility. Unlike other businesses, RMTs don't have a physical product, with materials, that they have to pay to make. All they pay for is the man-hours used to accrue their intended product. Might I add that they don't pay their employees jack. They wouldn't bat an eye at forcing a higher quota for the same or less pay.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support RMT. And I really hope this plan does succeed. My point is, if I can find a way around it, I'm sure all the RMT companies will too.

And then your whole point goes out the window when it's mentioned that scrolls aren't a set gold price, and gold farmers don't really constantly adjust their prices to be just over how much a scroll is worth.

I'm aware that their price isn't set in stone. When sold to another player, it's the buyer who sets the price. When a scroll is purchased from another player, that establishes an acceptable price. All other prices will fluctuate up or down from there. If a seller can't move a product, they have to lower their prices until deemed suitable by the consumer. Who is to say that gold farmers won't be on the look out for these trends and try to beat the competition? You fail to realize that gold farmers will be happy to turn any kind of profit, at all. And gold prices are determined by the amount of work it takes to collect enough currency to sell. If Chronoscrolls make it easier for legit players to get money, that means gold farmers will benefit from it, as well. They'll work the system like they always do. However, this just means it won't be as easy for them. Instead of making billions, they'll probably be making millions. It remains a profitable endeavor for them. They don't constantly change prices because this is a new concept. Give them time and they'll figure out a way to work the system. They're Asians; they do math. Edited by Koroshiya Hunter

• 2 weeks later...