.hack//The Movie + Versus

BlooDaBeast

The first anime was fine and interesting. The first game series, if you pretended it was all one long game, was fine.

Then the whoring came. New anime about people who only look like them plus manga, another game series, so on so forth.

I can't even tell when this is supposed to take place.

The first series pretty much was all one game. The games with that berserker-kid looked interesting, too; but the animus with him as the protagonist were sort of empty melodrama.

Honestly, it seems that once anything gets past the sort of pilot-season, "we-don't-know-if-this-will-be-successful" phase, it becomes rampant melodrama, adding little whilst referencing the original work as a sort of ancestor-worship.

HOW YA LIKE THEM HYPHENS?!

Both sets of games WERE all one game, respectively. Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine are common referred to as R:1 and Rebirth/Reminisce/Redemption are referred to as R:2. Each one led into the next and their saves are transferable between each.

And the games do not reference previous works as hardcore as you make them out to be. In R:2, the only real references back to the original game series was that 1) They "talk" about the good ol' days on the game's pseudo-forums. 2)

2) Kite, Balmung and Orca appear as rampant A.I. taking the form of the previous .hackers

Yes, Haseo is very melodramatic. For one, he's a teenager. Two, his love interest goes into a coma IRL. And three, he gets to level 136 and then gets his character deleted; all his shit GONE. Given these circumstances, I'd be just as shitty as him. Add a bunch of people that are just getting in his way and, yeah, I'd say his "melodrama" is justified.

The animes were pretty good, too, save for Legend of Twilight. It was a bit too juvenile for my tastes. I watched it, regardless.

As for this movie, I am very much excited to see it. I'm a huge .hack//fan, so it's pretty natural for me to be so. I just hope this leads to more games, in the future. Or, maybe even a realization of "The World" online. .hack//Fragment was a piss-poor marketing test, but it wasn't everything "The World" could be. The concept is great and has potential, but Fragment was just poorly made.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Needless to say, I like .hack a lot so my view will be very biased on this topic. =

Edited by Koroshiya Hunter

You can call it a generalization, but it still falls short of the truth. The .hackers are looked up to because they performed a great task that no other players could accomplish. Any time this is brought up, it is short and only done so as a way of bringing new players up-to-speed. There is one exception where they went overboard with this reference and that is .hack//Legend of Twilight. As with that subject, I have already expressed my distaste. You cannot fault .hack in its entirety due to a singular instance in a vast story. If you do not like the series, then just say so. Your justifications are unreasonable and untrue.

As for Haseo, that is your opinion and that is all it is. Calling me a fag because you disagree just makes you sound like a child. I do not prefer his archetype, but I can see why it can be justified. Instead you choose to act like a bigot; you refuse to analyze the situation and consider how another person might react. This does not give you the right to try and put me down. Then, again, the internet gives anonymity which makes people feel entitled to act as they please.

Anyways, I have said what I wanted to say. Anything further would degenerate into trolling. If you still believe that your opinion makes me wrong, then please continue it in a PM. I will never fault someone for simply saying that they dislike something. No reason need be given. But when stupid reasons are given (or, in this case, factually incorrect ones), I tend to get a little upset.

:Edit:

Also, it is clear to me that you did not fully read my previous post as I clearly mentioned Fragment at the end of it.

Edited by Koroshiya Hunter