How I came to stop worrying about being overweight.

So, I was working on my lightweight AC today, trying to make a build that could mount some offensive firepower, and I was having troubles with managing my weight. I look at the stats, realize they're not changing so much, and decide to test it out. And really, it controls exactly like it does on paper. Essentially, the loss in mobility isn't so bad when you're a few hundred kilograms overweight.

However, once you start getting progressively more overweight, the loss in mobility really starts to add up. Additionally, this is more noticable with higher power boosters, but lower powered ones, don't have nearly as pronounced penalites.

I figure that the penalization for going overweight starts really small, and increases in an exponential manner. With that in mind, being slightly overweight isn't going to really hurt you that bad.

Furthermore, your speed rating can never decrease below 20/125, at which point, no matter what equipment you throw on, you can't possibly go any slower. Of course, your turning speed may still suffer (havn't checked).

So in other words, if you're really aching to get those last 100kgs of weight off your AC and are using a low output booster, it shouldn't really be that big of an issue, since the big losses in mobility only really start happening 3-400kgs in.

Edited by White Light/White Heat

Part of the reason going mildly overweight doesn't affect lower power boosters is because they have better base acceleration and initial acceleration stats than the other boosters. They're least affected by inertia out of all the boosters. Also, overweight dropper ACs in ACV are pretty useful in general. Especially for defense. You just come in overloaded then drop what you don't need or spam then drop.

But yah, overweighting isn't immediately super destructive to your AC now.

Just remember that boosters with worse initial acceleration and high time to max acceleration are much harder to control inertia with. They start low on output and take forever to top out, so they're terrible for using while overweight. Most of the HP boosters and Shinatsu booster are way up in the 400 range for time to max accel for normal boost, which makes their inertia really terrible while overweight. The UBT-25/H booster and all the efficiency boosters are generally much better at controlling inertia since they have better combustion stats and better acceleration stats. Idk what combustion is called in the NA version, but your AC basically does not get full power out of your boosters immediately in ACV. Instead it gets a percent of your total power and then your combustion and acceleration stats combine to raise you to max speed.

Boosters like Tempete (while grounded, not flying) can give you some crazy good twitch dodge ability at decent range. Especially on LWs.

Overweightings biggest problems all depend on your legset and boosterset, really. Since it increases your inertia pretty quickly and also lowers your jump height. Mild overweighting isn't too detrimental, though I tend to go severly overweight sentry gun dropper for defense. My AC has a free hangar slot for standard missions, so I just fill it with a sentry gun when need be. Spam, then drop. Haha.

Hmm, I did experiment a little with the overweight system a while back. Definitely improved from the older AC games and their anorexic mindset.

"Are you 2 pounds overweight? ZOMG YOU FATTY PURGE EVERYTHING!!11!!!!11"

Now I can experiment with this sentry gun idea that's been brought up.