R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

PIXIE3 | R3 | -N/A- | -N/A-

Optional Parts:

O01-Amino | CR-O69ES | CR-O69SS | Marishi | CR-O79L+ | O03-Codon

--------------------------------------------------

Paint

Parts:

116/45/168 | 0/82/87 | 4/197/195 | 200/0/119 | 200/200/200

Camouflage on legs and arms. No camo on core or head.

Weapons:

All black.

Stats:

AP: 9014

Weight: 8160

Speed: 391w/GL and 450 after it's dropped.

DEF: 1965/1786

Notes:

This is my first attempt at a quad. I wanted to make big explosions. GL gets me an AP lead real early so that I can go in and do work up close. The other guy has to weigh whether or not they want to faceR3/Pixie3 or R3/GL. Either option works out for me but keeping close and keeping pressure on them is what I'd like to do since I have a lot of AP and stability to work with.

Edited by Ninety

A2 does tune for weight really well from what I remember. At least 5 weight tunes in it should shave off 1-200 weight units-- net you about 4-5 more kph.

Lotus/Gull or Gull/G91 is entirely up to you. I tend to favor G91 for quads because at times they need periods of long ground boosting to get good GL shots in. Marishi would definitely be a good idea for it. Even though you're not using OB and have UA with its great heat resistance, it's still a good idea to stay cool as possible with that Gull/G91, because it tends towards the hotter side of things.

I think swapping suigetsu out for nothing is a good idea too. Missile interceptors havn't really been good since the AC2 era. If anything use decoys, and just the small 10 shot decoys would suffice.

You might even be able to squeeze out that last bit of speed by using a head like Eye3 or Queen and not using the back radar. There's nothing wrong with S2/RA though.

Edited by The OB Express

yeah you could just leave extension empty tbh. I agree with LCC. I also agree with him on going to lotus.

Otherwise yeah looks good. Consider Longhorn for the head cuz that head is super dope for quads but otherwise yeah. I'd tune for speed in general yeah. Speed and handling. I can help you with that later once I get home.

I liked Owen's suggestions for the heads too.

I'd considered both heads but remembered Mike saying that Eye3 broke a lot in his experience. In fact, I know Eye3 broke in one of No Omega's fights with Pin Prick. I didn't know much about Queen but Phil Collins did fine with S2/RA so I thought it would be ok on this. Aside from weight, S2/RA looked better to me than running Eye3 for defensive stats. Longhorn was another I looked at but I don't remember why I chose S2/RA over it, other than it worked on Phil Collins. I'll swap heads around tonight when I get home and post up some thoughts.

I'll drop the extensions.

Lotus is lighter than G91, right? I picked G91 for long boosting but all the feedback I'm getting is telling me to shed weight where I can so if Lotus can do the job I'll go with it.

I'd considered both heads but remembered Mike saying that Eye3 broke a lot in his experience.

[...]

Lotus is lighter than G91, right? I picked G91 for long boosting but all the feedback I'm getting is telling me to shed weight where I can so if Lotus can do the job I'll go with it.

word, eye3 does break a lot. It's one of the best heads still for sure, but I was thinking with how you're prolly gonna be getting in doods' grills with this bot you might want a head that's more reliable. Thing is when I mentioned that it was not with quads in mind. Quads are generally so stable that you can prolly be okay with a broken head.

The thing about g91 is it makes ur bot way hotter, and doesn't recover energy as fast, but gives you way more energy to play with. I'd argue in this case you don't need what it gives you. For me, if I don't need something than I leave it off for the simpler answer, almost always.

You can also shed weight by going with 99ul core and then using the cooler vulture2/g91 combo.

is a good example of this, it handles very well. It's always nice to have UA is the thing. His quad also utilizes an entirely different weapon loadout that's more beneficial to his frame. This I saw as a heavy quad that just sat back and poked people with GLs and rifles while using the machine gun for when they get in close.

Eye3's breaking is only worrisome for tanks, because they usually get peppered from the air by other bots, and their stability goes down the drain without a head. Quads don't have to worry about that as much. I think the

you saw where it broke was where I got tagged by a Fenrir and RM3s directly in the head. Fenrir tends to break things a lot. Edited by The OB Express

nah he's not trying to stay back. He's trying to get in people's faces.

IMPOSING HIS WILL as we've heard way too fucking much lately in sports talk

nm he told me just now he is staying back. Not that that changes my original advice on parts but I was wrong on how he wanted to use it is the main thing.

I seen a lot of cookie-cutteresque heavy quads with around 9000ap and ua/a2 legs use RS and GL to pretty good effect. I know I don't like referring to the raven republic matches that much, but I think it was Nix used something like that for a couple matches. RS is great to have and gives plenty of reliability, but the only drawback is that you'd want to use hangars under the RS.

I'll have to see if I can find a video or two of Nix using that thing to give you ideas.

Your OP still says G91.

Anyway, I'd swap out the gen for Lotus once you get comfortable with ground dashing and shooting the GL. Not until then though. I'd also swap out Pixie3 for R2 rifle and only switch back to P3 when you're playing someone who you know knows how to get in on you and stay there. After that I'd say put dual 69H handguns in hangars, but I can see using the bot without hangars too. It's a pretty straightforward no-gimmicks bot.

The reason I'd swap for R2 is that for a while you'll find yourself keeping range on people more often than not because of lockbox issues. It'll happen almost accidentally. You may intend to go in and use Pixie3 offensively at times or you may try to use P3 defensively, but you'll probably end up moving in a way that puts you in better range to use a rifle than P3 nearly every time. It happens to nearly everyone, especially when you're more new to PvP in the older games. Even your opponents will be likely to do it. You'll just find yourself in midrange situations a lot more often than you may expect.

The dual 69H is relatively self-explanatory. Wraith are a good option too, but I'd stick to 69H if you do decide to use hangars for roughly the same reasons I recommend R2 over P3. If you're not sure about how effective dual handguns are in LR, I suggest just trying them out on people.

This core + hangars is banned. If I'm going to swap out Pixie3 for anything it will be something with good single shot damage. After playing all last night, Mike and I came to the conclusion that I'm best with high-power, single shot weapons. We both stuttered when it came to MGs and the like. That and at midrange I still use GL. Pixie3 doesn't truly come into play until GL is gone and I fly at the speed of sound.