GHOST2 - Outclassed?

Crimson Fury

I've been playing LR again and tinkering with designs and I took a look at this gun. I'm wondering why it never was really that popular. I assume it's because of the special lock, but if you put a WS left weapon that pretty much remedies that. Does this weapon have any other glaring flaws aside from that, and looking like a hair dryer? Seems like it's niche would be that of a HP or 69H with more longevity if focus is on back weapons or hangars aren't available. Anybody use it?

it's really good just kinda niche, you hit the nail on the head

it can be better than most CQ weapons when you can lock people but it's harder to lock with (and that's pretty much the single biggest flaw you can have) and iirc it's got a kinda bad magazine reload

It's like a longer range more damaging per round pixie3 with a shittier lockbox.

it's one of those guns that you can get great results out of if you show it some love and support it properly but it's generally not the best choice

truth is if u have a hangar hp w/ pocket 9h/wraith is gonna be better almost always

i got one bot that uses it

It is niche, but it's certainly a good part.

'When focus is on back weapons and no hangar core' is exactly right. I used it on my staple tank for years before just recently I decided to say fuck it and went dual hp instead because A: I already had enough ammo in geryon/lgl and B: lgl/hp is the same lock as ghost2/hp. I wanted dual ws for maximum close combat deterrent.

Causticity? Yeah I thought I saw GHOST2 on your vids guess I was right. Dual HPs is pretty ripped and should keep people away enough so you can spam with lgl and put the fear of mighty Gundam Wing lasers into them with GERYON, but GHOST2 just added to the uniqueness of that bot! But the larger the box the better, especially on a tank.

"With a fancy gun that has long forgotten the meaning of battle, I would feel no emotion, even if I were to shoot an enemy right through the heart."

The bot is already unique enough to me anyways so I can justify dual HP. I'm not all that big on novelty for novelty's sake in the first place.

Oh ya the 100 or so less weight hp has over ghost2 is always nice too. You can never be too light!

Having a look at my garage right now I can't really see one weapon that's used for purely novelty purposes, spare maybe the E2 core on my quad or CGH on my second tank (which is currently swapped out for 98g).

Even then I could argue for E2, because it's actually a really good weapon in its own regard, but the stats associated with E2 are so horrible.

So yeah, fuck novelty.

Edited by The OB Express

Lolol well LR is pretty cool, even without using the crazy weapons there's still so many combos and builds that are competitive that one can avoid ETTIN, LADON etc. HP warrants a look on just about any design but it does fit really nicely on that tank .

PD - At least you didn't get arrested!

Edited by Crimson Fury