Suzuka

Harakiri Tiger

By recently I mean about a year or two ago. I read the manga to finish its entire story, but I believe the anime is done too now. I don't remember. The anime was very good too, though. The voice actors were very good and the story progressed well. I have never watched the English version and have no idea what the voice actors for it sound like.

Suzuka is basically about this guy who moves to the big city to go to school. He moves into his aunts apartment complex so that he has someone he knows while he's attending school. While attending school he sees this girl that totally catches his sleezy eye and decides he's going to like her for the rest of his life. Then he goes and masturbates in basements for 80 years and emerges a life guru.

Ok, so that was a lie.

Anyway, he sees this girl after school and totally falls for her. Once he gets home he finds out that she's actually his NEIGHBOR in the apartment complex and proceeds to have a nervous time full of overreaction and nervousness. Interestingly enough, the series isn't a copy of Love Hina, which is much the same. It's has a more serious setting and quite a bit of time is spent with the main character in anxiety over the girl he likes. It doesn't take them long to start dating, and once they do there's a whole bunch more problems that show up.

I really enjoyed the series as it seemed a much more normal show. There wasn't a lot of the typical anime exaggeration apparent in stuff like Love Hina, which I also love, and it was easy to relate to the characters. Very easy, to be honest.

Anyone else seen/read this anime/manga? I know PD has, but that's the only other person I've seen around here who has.

EDIT: Oh hey, it seems that YouTube has some official episodes up or something. I think they're in English, though. Good luck with them!

YouTube: >Suzuka Channel

Suzuka is great.

Suzuka is basically about this guy who moves to the big city to go to school. He moves into his aunts apartment complex so that he has someone he knows while he's attending school. While attending school he sees this girl that totally catches his sleezy eye and decides he's going to like her for the rest of his life. Then he goes and masturbates in basements for 80 years and emerges a life guru.

That would make a great story. Hell, you could cut out the part about the girl and it would still be fantastic.

• 1 year later...