Terraria: Otherworld

Ataraxis

http://youtu.be/RCXk_ZCgxJI

From the description:

This is a pre-alpha teaser trailer for Terraria: Otherworld.

Set in an alternate dimension within the Terraria universe, Terraria: Otherworld places the player in a life-and-death struggle to restore a once-pristine world – now overrun by a malevolent force that has corrupted nature itself – to its original splendor. Along with a rag-tag band of survivors, will you be able to successfully harness the power of an array of weaponry, magic, defenses, and even the world itself to thwart the designs of this unseen evil?

Combining the experience of sandbox gameplay with role-playing and strategy elements, Terraria: Otherworld explores the Terraria experience in an innovative and unique way - providing a fresh approach to the “open world” genre.

And a link to the site, which provides the exact same information as above:

http://www.terrariaotherworld.com/

I am excited for this, since Terraria is great. Hopefully this will be too.

I read about this on their forum a couple of days ago. I was really surprised at how early it was, but they also said this isn't the Terraria 2 that Redigit says he plans on developing, so that's supposedly still a thing that's going to happen later on.

I'm still more excited for 1.3 on the original. I don't really know how to feel about this one, the most I can say is that I don't like what they did with the art style. It looks like it's going in a similar direction Starbound went and that game looked pretty bad.

personally i liked starbounds art style more than terraria

their devs are fat lazy motherfuckers tho and their game has been stuck in beta limbo without a major update for over a year now EVEN THOUGH their last blog post is feb 17 2015 as of this posting

at least terraria guys get stuff done

I read about this on their forum a couple of days ago. I was really surprised at how early it was, but they also said this isn't the Terraria 2 that Redigit says he plans on developing, so that's supposedly still a thing that's going to happen later on.

This answers the one thing I was really wondering. The description wasn't really giving me the full on sequel vibe, and it's kinda hard to tell much from the 45 second clip.

I like Terraria's art style more as well, but I don't think I feel that strongly about it either way.

Now I'm wondering just how different this is going to be.

• 3 weeks later...