Mogeko Castle

Not-Hunter

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/rpgmaker/images/3/3d/Mogeko_castle_game.png

I just played through this recently (last night when I couldn't sleep), and I really enjoyed it. It's a weird game, essentially a "follow the story path and don't die" game with a slightly odd mix of horror and comedy that I enjoyed. Outside of some scenes where you have to run away from things, it's basically all cutscenes and text, so there's essentially no gameplay besides talking to NPCs and collecting bits of junk laying around to figure out more of what's happening. I ike the music and artstyle for the character portraits quite a bit, the only real thing that requires a bit of imagination is the sound effects, which are reused quite a lot. (I also can't figure how to full-screen it, but whatever.) The translation is very good too, which helps a ton.

Something about the whimsical nature of much of the game contrasted with the harsh bad end scenes makes it rather endearing. Not sure. One thing to know is that if you get a bad end scene, you can always continue with the rest of the game without an issue, the checkpoint system is generous in that regard. It's only a few hours long due to not really having anything particularly hard or time-consuming.

Also I dunno what a prosciutto is despite playing this game. So download the translated version here:

http://vgperson.com/...ogekocastle.htm

(It's an RPGmaker game so you have to install the runtime package if you haven't before.)

I've read about this one recenty. From what I understand it's very "anti-90." Witch's House was another one that you'd probably like if you enjoyed this one.

I myself played Yume Nikki and the fan-sequel 2kki very recently. I'm ready for someone to put actual gameplay elements into these games, though I think that's what

is supposed to be.

Hilariously I put one of the exploration ventures of Yume 2kki as one of my top single player gaming experiences.

i clicked the link it said a "prosciutto adventure game" is there references to ham in the game? or is it just saying the game is ham-like

hamfisted

H.A.M.

hammy

some other words maybe?

The characters in it are obsessed with prosciutto, but otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

And I'll have to look into witch's house, then, sounds cool. That video looks cool too. Fairly confusing but also cool.