The Legend of Legacy

Ataraxis

It's an RPG made by some company called FuRyu. That doesn't mean much to me, but I guess there's quite a bit of experience in the group (dudes from Square Enix and Level-5). It's apparently a spiritual successor to the SaGa series.

It's out in Japan, and a couple common things I've read about it are that it's hard and lacks in story. I'm okay with that. I guess they just send you on your merry way to do quests and explore, which sounds great to me.

Here's a trailer and some gameplay from a stream ATLUS (NA publisher) did:

I wanna try the combat system since I think it'll make or break this game for me (seems to be a lot of combat). They didn't cover much of the elemental attributes or formation options on the stream, so I'm not sure how much more depth it has beyond what they showed.

Could be good.

Oh yeah and I guess it's coming out next month (October) in NA. 2016 for EU.

They are from square cuz they did the saga series

saga is a square series

also one of (or the only) writer for this is the guy who wrote chrono trigger and chrono cross

that's a wash cuz CT is p cool but CC is fucking terrible

i enjoyed several saga games so I already preordered this

two of my favorite games ever are saga games: final fantasy legend 2 and saga frontier

i havent read any reviews on this cuz as usual, fuck anyone's opinion but mine, but the stream was fun and the teaser videos atlus put out so far are cool so im all in

to clarify, i mean furyu is literally the saga team

square cut them

Yeah I used to love Chrono Cross, but when I tried to play through it again a year ago, I couldn't stand it. Basically, it was made for kids. I'll have to really get around to playing Trigger sometime. Whenever I have tried to start, I only get past the carnival and that's it.

I really enjoy the art for this game. I still hate the character models, but there's more to them than what Bravely Default had going for it's character models. I appreciate the effort at least so maybe this will be the game that has me less annoyed by the little kid look.

Edited by Rachis

short answer yes

from the mechanics so far it sorta like saga frontier

also they said directly that the mechanics were like saga ones, in the sense that usage of weapons/skills is what develops them

saga games don't have levels at all, its literally usage controls stats and skills, ie you use a long sword and ur strength goes up, and you might learn how to use a sword-based skill, that kind of thing

i thought this game mighta had levels tho? I forget if i saw that in the stream but i do remember thinking "gee this looks like saga frontier"

if u want the easiest and most basic way to understand a saga game go download a gameboy emulator and final fantasy legend 2, or I can prolly send u them instead

oh...one thing I forgot to mention is from what i can tell there are no PC robots or monsters, which were saga staples, but just humans/mutants

idk if that's gonna be the wave or not now but that's one difference so far I noticed, a difference for the worst I'd say cuz monsters and robots are dope in those games

the demo is out, its like first two areas so ur save data works for the game meaning u can play the demo and then just pick up where u left off once its out so thats p cool

idk if the demo works with physical copies tho

i might just get the demo tho now that i know it should work with my copy of game if i can find some time to play this before its actually out

i got two other games im fkn with as well as other shit so u know how it goes