LET'S GET TO BASHING BOTS!!!

Rixlen

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement!

Just got a quick question while I'm in this phase of designing the first archetype:

Is there any interest in seeing this peripheral implemented? Don't need to ask how, I just want to see if this raises some eyebrows. If not, then I'll scrap the idea. I'll just note that its essential for virtual on's gameplay and I've seen it used on Armored Core 2.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/07/voforce7710.jpg

Videos of it used on AC2:

Thanks again, and I'm getting there. Shotguning both Sculptris and Blender is a bitch though.

u mean i gotta buy the game AND the thingy?

Hmmm, that's the vibe that made me iffy on it. I was thinking more along the lines of it being similar to buying a fight stick for guilty gear. The choice to mod one coming down to preference as opposed to being mandatory.

The reason why I asked now is because if there was interest, I would have to keep the button layout in mind in game mechanics, run tests and all that jazz.

i happen to love the VO controls i only ever played it in the arcade tho idk if that matters?

i dunno everyone here buys sticks for street fighter, seems like the same deal

i'd imagine if u wanted to be more accessible tho u'd try to avoid using a special stick

that'll be an important selling point down the line if u want ppl to play, I bet

so i dont mind persay but i could def see why it should be avoided at least for now

Very good point.

tbh I think I jumped the gun on that idea. Sure, the twinsticks were vital to Virtual-On but they are also a hindrance to not have and play the game to this day. Plus, the damn things are hard as hell to find... so screw it. So, I'll cross that idea off my list and I'll finally get to sell off my 360.

I'll find a way to talk more about these kind of concepts and such when I've got good headway into the first model. Hopefully in video format to keep from posting text walls.

Thanks for the feedback, I tend to get off point with some ideas, so I appreciate a good slap back to reality.