StarCraft II Topic

Metalkon

I want someone to release a complex tutorial all about weapons, like that Uberlisk thing, apparently according to someone, it won't be so easy to make Uberlisk unlike the claims made by that blizz dude...

Meh

I got a Carrier to shoot void rays and battlecruiser ATS while drones are launched tho

Edited by Alex

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty will be released to the market on July 27th, 2010.

>Source Material

That means about 2 more months of Beta left! It seems like they feel they've had better feedback from the testers than they originally expected. Good times.

Ah so that's it. I'm also noticing that just rallying my command centers on the minerals and bundling buildings together probably saves a good 20-30 apm that I would otherwise have had in SC1.

I hotkey all of my Nexi to #1. I hotkey my Robotics Facilities and StarGates to #2. I hotkey all my buildings that have upgrades in them to #3. You can use Tab to cycle through different groups of buildings/units in a hotkey group.

That's what it seems like right now yeah-- at its current state, but we're not giving it fair opportunity because it's still in its beta state, while Brood War has been 11 years in the making. Edited by TMRaven

I figured out how to show fps coach gary, it's control+option+F.

Mac version does indeed get much worse performance than its windows counterpart. Probably a combination of inferior programming and older drivers being used for osx.

I'll take the key if you still have it Niji, I've been reading up on SC2 and kinda want to give it a go.

I would pre-order SC2 and get the key but I'll be moving when it comes out, so I'm not going to pre-order a game somewhere I won't be when it's released.

~

Btw, just so I'm not walking into my pseudo-understanding of the metagame like an ass.

Terran

- vs. Protoss, go for fast-ghosting, EMP and rush

- Reapers are good for eco harass but Hellions are better

- Marauders are not ganster ground units, they do lend ground forces power against structures

- Scanning/SCV scouting/etc.. are all good as intel runs the game alot

- Terran rocks late-play stuff, although it's not likely

- Marines + Medivac are good against most Zerg forces

- Block the ramps via Depot-Rax-Depot, eventually reinforce via Siege/Turret/Bunker

Protoss

- Upgraded Zealots rush well

- Sentry's are righteous

- Heavy units are vulnerable unless mix'ed with others

- Hallucinations scout well

- Photon cannons protect Eco harass

- Void Rays are possible rush

- Warp Prisms are DANGEROUS

Zerg

- Tier 3 is nigh impossible to use

- Zerglings only rush idiots well

- Banelings smash anything not long-ranged

- Hydralisks are a well rounded T2 unit

- Roaches are solid against non-Marauders

- Combined banelings/zealot rushes are nasty

~

This is some of the stuff I've been picking up on, I'm doing research on all the unit vs. unit capabilities, special abilities and their uses/effects, building cost/time/etc.. and what not.

I haven't played SC in years, so I'm really waiting for the actual release to ride on the flood of noobs.

Edited by Enganacious

Starcraft 2 Wiki Lots of good info in there.

Marauders and Immortals fuck up Roaches.

Banelings are most effective against buildings and large clusters of light units (marines, zealots, lings).

I'm a Zerg player so I don't know the other races as intimately. Zergling/Roach/Hydra is a pretty effective combo all game long.

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 12 (version 0.14.0.15343)

The latest patch notes can always be found on our StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

Balance Changes

• PROTOSS
    • Forge
      • Build time increased from 35 to 45.
      • Life and shield values decreased from 550/550 to 400/400.

[*]Mothership

• Vortex now removes Force Fields within its area of effect.

• TERRAN
    • Thor
      • Radius decreased from 1.375 to 0.8125.
      • Model size reduced to match new radius.

• ZERG
    • Roach
      • Supply count increased from 1 to 2.

User Interface

• Several Hotkey changes have been made (German client only).

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash which sometimes occurred when quitting the program.

I just finished watching a best of 7 series for mlg king of the beta, between a really good terran and zerg. Terran won series 4-1, and it seemed as though the zerg was struggling with the effects of the extra roach count, as his maxed armies were pretty small.

However I feel that it doesn't look like a nerfing more than it looks like an attempt to just get zerg to expand their possibilities.