Mist Flower

Hollywood

• 3 weeks later...

MISTEYE -- Fine, I suppose.

STO -- I don't see the point to this when the 008 would free up much better arm choices.

EAS -- See above. I don't see why you couldn't fit the HADRO or MDD on here.

KNOT

MARE -- This is fine, but don't be afraid to drop down to GULL if you need to make room.

SRA02 -- I'd truthfully just use WS-1 for what you do, but I guess this works.

ROZ

SA44 -- Remember what I said about the GULL? If you can, I'd find a way to squeeze at least the ICICLE on here. Perhaps consider dropping to the SKYEYE head.

-

R36

S40-1

LQ/15

HG-150

HGL-100 -- Why do you have this? You'd might as well just throw on a shotgun for what you're trying to do.

S-SCR, E/SCR, STAB, TRN,CLPU -- I don't even know what most of the optionals are off-hand, but I really don't care. The first two are a given and the STAB/TRN don't hurt, so I guess this is fine.

Anyway, there's not much else to say about this design. It's a typical run-of-the-mill quad from SL. It's viable, but you certainly aren't winning any points for originality. The LQ/15 and missiles routine on a quad is a dead, dead horse. It's somewhat understandable, considering quads can't fire cannons in the air (ergo, you're going to want to stick to single-shot weapons), but it really is done to death. That said, you made a workable design without being a hardcore metagaming faggot, no one is going to give you shit for that.

Here's an example of a battle-tested and proven design.

Misteye/008

Hadro

Knot

Fleet

WS-1

ROS

SA77

DD/10

--

GNL/15

--/69RA

MG/500

HGL/100

My suggestions are as follows.

#1. Add DD/10, this pretty much stumps missiles.

#2. Drop your missiles, they're not effective in SL unless you go big.

#3. For arm weapons go HG/SR (right arm HG150, lefty SRL50 or 70 if your ok with it) or go MG/HG (MG500+HGL100 is rape sauce)

#4. LQ/15 is ok, but if you plan on utilizing OB you'll either need to somehow drop drain down like a madman (008/STO/HADRO w/ back radar could do it) or just free up weight and swap off to the GNL/15 which is definitely one of the best guns in the game; which also gives you more energy for moving around.

#5. Fleet boosters are the way to go, ROZ is solid, but up the Gen either the 008 or STO are going to heat up your shit, and the 44 just doesn't hack it, go with the SA77 or the Crest equivalent, it'll help out more then you know when you have to repeatedly OB flank tanks and position play to make use of your cannon (which is another reason why GNL > LQ; and I'm a fan of the LQ).

I'm with you, Raor, but I do have two general points of contention:

1. Starter missiles in SL are actually really good. At MOC4 the #1 and #3 guys ran sm36/1 and s40/1 respectively, with great results. dm24/2 were also well represented (#4 guy, and many others).

2. I'd argue that you should run dd/20, but that's a matter of preference, probably. For me I think dd/20 usually was better because I tended to use decoys actively as opposed to reactively, altho I used them so fast that it can look reactive to casual observers.

This is kind of just a weird thing for me but I've never liked the hgl100. In fact, for whatever reason, it never seemed to catch on in California altho I've seen people in other places liking it. I only ever saw hzl50, hzl30a, mgl150, gsl56, grsl20, srfl50, and srfl70 (I think that's everything). The hgl100 just never seemed to give anyone advantages that were truly useful; in the strictly competitive sense, anyhow.