Bad TV Companies

Magnus

We've all seen bad TV shows. It's inevitable. Unless we completely remove cable from our house to prevent our children from ever seeing any TV. But then some friend of theirs at school make some reference to a show that they run off to see on youtube and BAM. Twelve years of keeping shit off the dinner plate all crumbles apart.

I feel like bad series should be one time things for most companies. They look over their mistakes, see how it was awful, and move on to improve on the issues. No one's going to have a golden goose on their first try. This is not the case of Fox, in which the standard for their shows are somewhere between garbage and shit.

Every now and then, I'd see an awful cartoon on TV and quickly fumble around for my remote which always skitters away whenever I seem to need it on matters of life and death until I finally hop over a series of wires just to reach my TV and hastily turn it off which never is fast enough because my ears and eyes are already bleeding by the time I get there. The worst being about teenage girls in a high school where life matters a lot and they cry if they're not on the latest fashion bandwagon and freak out about breaking a nail and obsess over boys with no personality beyond bluh bluh bluh all around. Then, turn into spies in skin tight suits and fight super evil.

And so we come to Marathon, the animator who made the described cartoon, Totally Spies. At first, I didn't know it was Marathon, but in several scramble-for-TV sessions, I noticed a familiarity in art style, so I gave half an ass and looked up the animators. With Totally Spies comes other middle to high school angst-based series like Monster Buster Club, Team Galaxy, and the even more notably original, The Amazing Spiez.

As you can probably guess, these are all very awful. Even making children watch them has a high risk of turning them into gossipy little twats who hang out at Starbucks inside of a Mall.. inside of a Starbucks. Marathon makes awful shows on, what I fear, purpose. I find it hard to believe anyone actually envisioned anything as their dream of creating, let alone even animating. Even a comic might be less pretentious than what they have now.

But I feel that I should mention that they're French.

I can't help but feel that there are other animators just like these cunts and make TV pollution for a quick buck and hide in the closet before any of their friends find out. So why would people do something they know is bad, or know they aren't proud of it? Even selling out to that level seems ludicrous, like sucking Bush's dick for thirty bucks, but he aired it on national television while you were looking.

Or discuss other animators you hate for several reasons or maybe even show writers in general.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5682/ballmj6.gif

Man, I loved Totally Spies, they are promoting good fashion! what kind of girl doesn't like wearing frilly pretty skirts during summer? and dump that handsome boyfriend of yours because he's secretly a foreign spy!!!

hahaha

Edited by Alex

Man, I was hating on this pre-teen anime wannabe barbie garbage before it was cool.

I actually saw the movie yesterday, and now I'm deaf in one ear.

By the way, I'm not joking. I really can't hear anything and I need to take peroxide to clear out whatever is in there. Perhaps it's their shrill cheerleader-esque voices that could crack glass that made me deaf. ;)

Edited by Pendragon

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8879/ball4bd7.gif

I see Pen likes Totally spies secretly! it's okay, I love the show ;)

AGH! Damnit, now I'm blind too!

And so are 10 of my friends who I asked to type this up, since you gouged my eyes out with sparkles. >.<

• 5 months later...