Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

On paper soh everywhere might be boring, but it shouldn't take away from playstyle. Either perk is of exciting gameplay. Generally my method of excitement anyways is using the sniper rifles in ways they shouldn't be used, but really that would be using one at all in a call of duty game lol. Edited by Rachis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. As long as I see you first them I'm good to go for the most part. Sniping is about playing smarter anyways. If I'm directly in someone's line of sight that plays that style then there's something wrong. I don't really go fullblown run around quickscoping people either. I just have a fast shot when I choose to snipe and I generally do it more aggressively than a sniper should. It's all about the angles bra.

Although at maps like Firing Range it definitely pays to be able to quickscope. That place just is too gimmicky for snipers in general. The lines of sight are pretty limited.

I read somewhere that quickscoping is being supported in MW3 as well so things should go back to the way they were before. Granted everyone and their mom being able to quickscope might be annoying. Either way if it happens you were probably dead anyways.

Edited by Rachis

I didn't say positions. I said situations. There will always be the best sniper spots, but good snipers get it done wherever they have to. I don't like how you're trying to discredit what I do. If what you mean by "actually sniped" is you sitting back in your comfy spots because you couldn't cut it up close then ok, but I wouldn't call what I do not sniping. Quickscoping is a pretty small part of it and like most people that word is all you pay attention to.

The community needs to just get it through their heads that it really doesn't matter.

Edited by Rachis

I cut them faggots up, up close, just not in blops.

I suppose I could, if I tried.

I just actually like using sniper rifles to snipe, not to try and be unorthodox by trying to emulate what everyone did in the other CoD games.

I do like picking up L96's and PSG1's with my Scout Pro class, because I can usually snipe 1-2 people then switch to my AK74u or whatever I might have and bait people into a trap.

im a full blown rusher and i prefer soh and sa over scout pro, especially since i can swap to a pistol just as fast and kill just as fast up close with it. its even possible to snipe people out with the 1911 xmags, so scout pro just feels kinda useless for me

also for sniping, i dont hold breath too much or for extended periods of time because half of my shots are without holding breath if i holdscope, plus the benefit of hardened pro on a sniper is so much better for your accuracy than scout pro

and again, pistols blah blah blah im perfectly fine with python/m1911

You don't really have to try and emulate everyone else though. You can take your spots and still kill people quickly. That's what I did in MW2. Only reason I move around with the snipe in blops is because blops punishes via flanks harder than previous cods.

I read somewhere that quickscoping is being supported in MW3 as well so things should go back to the way they were before.

That being a shitty community of underage players who try to quickscope cause they think it shows superior skills? The very thing that ruined MW2 for me?

Gonna have to pass on MW3, then.

It was more to the equivalent of Famas users on blops. It was everywhere, and it got really old really fast.

Course, now that I think about it, the one true thing that ruined blops for me was seeing someone else sporting the Treasure Chest emblem. I purposely didn't prestige just so I could get that emblem, and it took me over 6 months of non-continuous play. Felt like a badass when I got it cause I never saw anyone else with it the whole time. I had multiple people message me, asking how I got it and if so, was it legit.

But, with all the hacks, any person can throw it on, and I finally saw someone else with it. If I can't be the only one with a certain emblem, I don't want to be seen.

So, really it was the hacks that ruined mw2 for me. And the constant kid-scopers. I can't express my rage enough for the fact that a term like "Hard-scoper" actually gets used by the community because someone uses a sniper rifle like a fucking sniper rifle. It's just so damn backwards and retarded.

They just don't understand that it takes more than just speed to be a good sniper. Speed helps, but your approach is more important. Besides all that matters in the end is the win. If you can beat people by hardscoping then don't change a damn thing just because they didn't like it. Nobody likes to be killed and nobody likes to lose.

CoD does get damn frustrating, but then you gotta remind yourself that it's the people that are spoiling it and not the game. Proving people wrong is a pretty good incentive to stick with it.

Edited by Rachis

CoD does get damn frustrating, but then you gotta remind yourself that it's the people that are spoiling it and not the game. Proving people wrong is a pretty good incentive to stick with it.

Tis true. While it was the balance issues that made MW2 frustrating for me, it was the community that put the final stake in it for me. Then I moved to Black Ops, which I haven't played in forever.

Blacks Ops is better for me because the Famas is a non-issue for me. It's a good gun, so people should use it. It's not broken per say. If you hit the user first they're still going down, and there are still weapons that can damage race it consistently, so whatever. It's not like you play shooters for variety. I prefer the AUG myself.

It's not like you play shooters for variety.

Hey now variety in kills is essential for shooters. Pop them in the dome, shoot them in the back, the nuts, knees, feet, spin circles then shoot, shoot while jumping over them, 180 blames...I mean the list goes on!