Pink Panther and Pals

Magnus

I've been a fan of Pink Panther for a long time. It's one of the earliest cartoons I remember watching, and it stood out to me. Looney Toons always seemed to be the same thing over and over. Cool Cat or Tom and Jerry suffered from that even more, for having less of mixable characters (see: last original looney toon, mountain lion meets foghorn leghorn).

Pink Panther, however, got into shenanigans of a wide variety in both problems and locale. While his friends were never as interesting (see: the ant and the aardvark), Pink had always managed to make the show good to me on his own. Or with that weird big nosed guy with the nose-stache.

So, they remade his show twice. Starting with The Pink Panther Show, they hopped on over to Pink Panther and Sons and Pink Panther, each of which came with new side cartoons as well as more Pink Panther shenanigans. They recently remade it a third time, just this year. And my God.

http://pinkpanther.mgm.com/images/full/PPP110_still_image9-c.jpg

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS SHIT. What the fuck did they do to him? It's crazy. I'm so mad. SO MAD RIGHT NOW. I hate how the industry has to ride the past's dick like crazy, but they don't even do it like a great butt. They do it like Hard Gay after a really bad night. Horrifying.

But otherwise, the writing gets an update to incorporate shenanigans involving actual technology now, or still magical funky fresh technology, so that's not bad. It's just crazy that the art style is just that... happy puffy... Euch.

Last time I seen a pink panther cartoon I think I was like 5 or something. Anyways, the style does blow. Looks nothing like Pink panther. Well, The big nose dude still looks the same, if my memory serves me correctly.

• 3 months later...