Alan Wake

Magnus

is surely an immersive game with an impressive story and some wonderful mechanics, but it lost all my respect before I even bought it.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704876/A...ng-History.html

Break the entire continuity of a story to advertise something from Verizon. Fantastic. There goes the game as art. Point, Heavy Rain. (But it's still more actiony so I guess they're kinda tied.)

at this point in the story, we're unsure if the insane asylum which Wake is escaping from exists in real life and is haunted, or is some twisted figment of his imagination. Either way, why would there be a commercial on TV? The electricity is being controlled by the swirling darkness outside. Does the evil force want Wake to buy a Mustang?

Real TV controlled by swirling darkness || crazy delusional figment of imagination TV controlled by swirling darkness = Verizon commercial.

I think I'll buy a Droid today.

Add: Droid acquired. Marketing campaign successful. Alan Wake isn't such a bad game, either, you should buy it and try it out.

Edited by Obscure