The Hunter

Evil Panda

(copypasted, will change the format if I have to, though)

Head: DRONE

Core: CRONUS

Arms: MACAQUE

Legs: DINGO2

(tunes: weight / weight / weight / load capacity)

Boosters: GULL

FCS: LIMPET

Generator: LOTUS

Radiator: ANANDA

Inside: n/a

(tunes: boost power / condenser cap / cooling)

Extensions: RM2/3 (2 = lighter, sexier design; 3 = more ammo)

Back: KARURA / n/a

Arm R: PIXIE2

Arm L: H3

Hanger R: 9H

Hanger L: ELF3

Description:

Being based on the L4D Hunter, this AC focuses mainly on close combat. With the frame, I tried to go for something light and speedy yet aesthetically appealing (the first version of this one ran on VIXEN legs, but DINGO2 drains less and makes it faster overall). It's only so-so in mission mode, but in the EX/VR Arenas (haven't tried VS mode with this one yet, though), it does rather well. I haven't memorized the exact paintjob for this either, but the shade of gray is exact same as the Hunter's outfit, too.

Tactics:

Since I can't replicate the pounce (lol), I normally get in close and focus fire from both arm weapons. The KARURA+relations are for those opponents who I'm a bit wary of engaging directly, in which case I use them first before the mg/hg. Obviously, I drop things when they've been spent, but I've yet to end a match with my PIXIE2 completely empty.

Known Issues:

Considering the frame parts all focused on tuning weight and weight capacity, this unit is a bit squishy. Of course I focus on dodging things if I can, but the ones that do hit hurt a bit, especially the harder-hitting weapons. Worst of all are grenades, linear rifles/cannons (getting stunned is a pain) and the LX. Long range units are tricky unless I can get up close.

PvP Information:

I haven't tried this one in VS mode yet. In any case, it's highly unlikely I'll get to face anyone from here due to distance issues. ><

Current Vs. Record: [0]W - [0]L - [0]D

Win Rate: n/a

--------------------------------------------------

Notes:

I actually considered G91 or higher for the generator, but LOTUS charges real quick and doesn't get too hot too soon. Reason for only having a single KARURA as the back weapon is because my staple (which I'll post a bit later) already has two of them, and this one's built for raw speed anyway. As for boosters, TP was another option, but I found them too hot for my liking. Besides, my tuned GULLs go almost as fast as TP with only half the heat / charge drain.

Edited by Niji
Added the AC:LR prefix.

You definitely don't have to change the format, haha. No one format is enforced here. I just provided that template to give people more ideas for information they can present with their design. Generally speaking, it gives us enough information to really work with your design and either criticize it and improve it or rate its performance. Either or and sometimes both, haha.

=3

Anyway, time for some AC advice. Unless you're AC is at its weight limit, I would suggest tuning defense for all your frame parts. To remedy this gain in weight, I would drop the hangared Handgun. Since you said you never really run out of Pixie2, it shouldn't hurt much. This gains you defense and maintains your speed. I would also consider tuning Output on the Lotus gen instead of Capacity. The reason for this is that a mobile AC that tries to maintain CQC rarely has a maxed energy gauge unless they're totally safe. Since it's not maxed, that extra energy produced by Lotus Output tunes will stack up over the course of the match. A basic rule of thumb is that you want more capacity if you're doing drive-by's and more output if you're doing sustained combat.

Focus on staying light, having as high a defense as possible, and keeping as large of a lockbox as possible and you'll always make good Last Raven AC's. This applies to all AC classes, too, including Heavyweight/Tanks. Haha.

=3

PS: Oh yah, what are the optionals on this bot?

Aww, sorry. Options ~

-+def en/solid; larger sight lock; larger condenser capacity; anti-missile lock; better stability; larger sight lock; better cooling

Hell, even PIXIE3 on this design wouldn't run out. And come to think of it... yeah, I've never really had to fall back on the 9H. XD