StarCraft

Neko Arc Chaos

I've been playing Diablo 2, well Median XL, since I deployed. Got so fuckin tired of Median though so I'm back to Vanilla for good. I'm a barb kind of guy. I try to make makeshift barbs out of other characters, especially the assassin, but despite taking advantage of their strengths to make melee more viable they just don't have all of the ingredients of melee that you would need. So I'm pretty much stuck on barbs.

I bought the Starcraft battle chest thingy a few days ago. I read some reviews/opinions on the Starcraft 2 beta and it seems to be that SC2 is more of the same with added twists. So I guess if I get comfortable smashing SC1 AI that I will be completely prepared to get raped by you guys come SC2.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got the game today. Pretty much went right back to where I started before which was pretty cool. I pretty much have a good idea of the build orders I like, but beyond the first couple minutes I get lost on what to do. This would be due to the fact that my scouting sucks balls and my build orders aren't for anything specific just yet because I'm not too knowledgeable on the what beats what yet. Been reading some strategies though. Learning quite a bit on how to use each unit. I try to stay away from known/specific build orders and ways to deal with the other races because I generally am better at coming up with things that work for me myself. I pretty much just need to know the RTS basics and the purpose of all the units and how they react to one another.

For the record...I'm a hardcore Terran fan so this game is going to be rough on me. As I understand it, it takes are really awesome player to make the Terran a powerful race.

That's only when you start to hit late game and when you start to play really high end StarCraft.

During most of the game and during relatively low level play, like C- and under on the iCCup charts, I'd say that Zerg requires quite a bit more micromanagement to make them work as effectively as the other two races. Low level play, especially in the D/D- ranks, is dominated by Terran/Toss players. I'm not talking about just ACU players, either. Everyone I see online on iCCup in the D ranks is Terran or Toss.

This is most likely due to Terran's ability to wall-in and turtle, which is an amazing cause of low level players headaches, and Toss' ability to be purely macro-managed and cheese. They're just easier to run at low level.

That's only when you start to hit late game and when you start to play really high end StarCraft.

During most of the game and during relatively low level play, like C- and under on the iCCup charts, I'd say that Zerg requires quite a bit more micromanagement to make them work as effectively as the other two races. Low level play, especially in the D/D- ranks, is dominated by Terran/Toss players. I'm not talking about just ACU players, either. Everyone I see online on iCCup in the D ranks is Terran or Toss.

This is most likely due to Terran's ability to wall-in and turtle, which is an amazing cause of low level players headaches, and Toss' ability to be purely macro-managed and cheese. They're just easier to run at low level.

LCC tends to do that a lot instead of rush he boxes in with the standard 4rax i think

Yeah see I hate turtling. If I'm even using bunkers so far its like 2 tops in my initial base and the rest are offensive. And its cool how with the AI you don't even need to scout on 1v1 maps because they don't do anything special. Build order seems the same pretty much and the AI never really pumps out late game shit so I got to a point now where I can get into the mid-game and run containments. Everything so far has either ended early from bunker contains and then sending in a couple tanks with a couple squads of marines or to pushes...although its not really a push because the AI doesn't seem to ever really populate the map. They tend to keep their shit in their base and then send them out for minor harass, but nothing even an intelligent nub can't handle.

That's just on the terran and zerg side of things. I've been straight handing the toss their asses on a platter with vulture micro on zealots and by the time I see goons I have some tanks with siege good to go and just wipe the floor. This is sad because I don't suspect I'll be able to get much use out of dropship tactics or hit late game ever because all the AI wants to do is sit around and do nothing unless provoked. AI is fucking stupid baitable too because they chase after everything for fucking ever. I had like 8 zealots chasing around one scv for awhile. I think I'll be doing that more so I can learn to multitask. See how long I can keep the scv alive and see how much shit can get done.

I'm pretty sure that even right now I'm straight enough to play some low level guys so I can get some good experience on what races tend to do. So far I pretty much like fast teching to vultures against protoss, running marine/bunker contains on terran, and baiting/counterattacking zerg. AI is gonna get old real quick lol.

You can just send a scouting worker at ai early game and let their whole line of workers follow your one scout for the rest of the match.

I figured as much. I've had the workers follow me all the way back to my base and they don't attack unless I do first. Pretty dumb.

Well...I've gotten better with my Toss...

But I must still improve, my ways are still in-efficient.

you fucked up vixen the other day dude. DTs came out TOO LATE imho though and you need to get out your goons quicker.

Edited by BlooDaNyukka