StarCraft

Neko Arc Chaos

The workers kept mining so I haven't seen that yet. As far as gas I was going to put it up, but I had two marines in the base taking out the brand new spawning pool and figured it was going to be gg anyways so I just pumped two more marines and killed off workers after the spawning pool was down. It was terrible though my APM ended up being like 39, but whooped complete ass in the process. I guess good decision making can be just as important as the quantity of actions. Stupid AI helps too ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the AI doesn't know how to play anything except python or destination.

I swear, me and a buddy went onto one of those "fastest maps" with 50 minerals stacked and 10 gas all over and we thought the AI would kill us with that many supplies.

Me and him build a force of firebats and dragoons and rush into their base and they haven't even built a single unit yet.

We try it over and over again, eventually me and him fight 4 AI at once, and not one of them puts up a fight. Geez, they're retarded. I'm sticking to Big Game Hunters for large AI fights.

Though seriously, I'd like to try my luck in a 7v1 fight against LCC. All we need are 6 other players. Who's game?

Thanks, but there are less painful ways of suicide.

It's not...never mind. try playing lcc and actually learn something instead trying to bumrush his ass which I know you guys are doing. He's been playing the game as long as I have and we both learn from each other, me moreso than him learning since he's been in a clan longer than I have so he knows a bit more.

Edited by BlooDaNyukka

It's not...never mind. try playing lcc and actually learn something instead trying to bumrush his ass which I know you guys are doing. He's been playing the game as long as I have and we both learn from each other, me moreso than him learning since he's been in a clan longer than I have so he knows a bit more.

...the 100ish hydralisks I had in front of my expo.

~100 +1-speedras/speedlings and a smattering of mutas off two bases isn't really a bum rush. I wouldn't call it a rush at all. It's just bum.

Also, LCC isn't as good as he is because he knows more; he practices more. Practicing is much more important than just reading up on build orders, timing pushes, etc. Those start to come naturally the more you play and they're also not something you can easily pull off if you don't have sufficient technical skill.

I'd actually say I have more game knowledge than skill. I'm just 4x as fast as most of you so knowledge doesn't matter much. I can't say i've practiced much, just played a good amount over the last 10 years and watched pros play since xellos was hot stuff. Just getting on and playing games every day could be considered practice, but I do it for enjoyment more than getting better. The whole cpl thing didn't do much for me since the "coaches" played z and p and were lazy.

I haven't learned anything from any of you. =(

I'd actually say I have more game knowledge than skill. I'm just 4x as fast as most of you so knowledge doesn't matter much. I can't say i've practiced much, just played a good amount over the last 10 years and watched pros play since xellos was hot stuff. Just getting on and playing games every day could be considered practice, but I do it for enjoyment more than getting better.

My post should have said "LCC is as good as he is against us..." 10 years of playing one game definitely gives you great knowledge of the game while playing every day helps keep a player's skill from fluctuating as most of ours seems to do, whether you're doing it for pleasure or personal improvement. 10 years of play is also something that most of the players in this thread can't even come close to. I don't know how long butterbean's been playing but I know that he was about 6 when SC came out and I can't really see a 6 year old that isn't from Korea playing Starcraft for personal improvement until he's a little older.

I know I'm really limited in what I can do since I rarely, if ever, play anyone other than ACU people and I don't even play them more than about once a week.

I haven't learned anything from any of you. =(

Exactly!

I hightly doubt he learned anything from [CPL] other than that TL can't make an effective coaching league for the life of it. This is the 2nd or 3rd time they've tried, I believe. I remember a few years ago when LCC only averaged about 80-90APM and I first started playing SC. My APM started in the low 50's. I would have to say that the majority of growth LCC has experienced in StarCraft, as far as ability goes, has been in the last 2-3 years. Most if it likely occurred during the time when LCC played around 150 matches of SC on ICCup in one season. I know he's always managed to stay about 40APM ahead of me, haha.

Most of the rest of LCC's skill comes from simply being competitive in numerous games. While it doesn't mean he's magically good at every game, no matter what you guys think, it does give him a basic outlook to competitive play. He's more likely to think about his actions in the game, their purpose, or his opponents actions than a player who comes from a non-competitive background. He's less likely to get nervous or edgy, etc. He just has the mentality required to allow him to progress through the early stages of play more quickly than a non-competitive player. One big advantage is just being more capable of analyzing himself.

I would like to think of myself in the same way, but I rarely have the energy to remain active in any one game for long. Anyway, LCC's game muscle isn't as tough as you guys think. If it was, he'd be C- instead of D rank.

EDIT: We learned that AC players are somehow naturally bad at StarCraft.

• 3 months later...