Remind me again why people actually give a shit about the DINGO2?

Niji Superfan

Really, I'm dicking around in the garage again on LRp, and I can't help but wonder what makes it so great. I can't remember if the stats ever changed between NX and LR (as NX was definitely where the DINGO2 saw the most use), but by the time of LR, it's pretty fucking mediocre. It breaks like glass, and the COUGAR2 trumps it in just about every way. For just barely more weight and drain, it has a noticeable defense boost for the same relative AP. I can remember everyone raving about this back in the day, and I just don't fucking get it.

I understand that part breaking was not applicable to NX or 9B, but I also don't recall the stats on either leg changing after NX either (correct me if I'm wrong). Underweighted DINGO2 rocking the dual WYRM was the definitive cookie-cutter combo of that game, and I'm at a loss as to why. Unless you really need that 50 points of drain, the 100 points of weight and the whopping two points of turning speed, I'm thinking that DINGO2 vs. COUGAR2 should be a foregone conclusion.

...Then again, a majority of people also bitched about how NX-era killed lightweights, as if the faster mids didn't overshadow them in SL by an even larger margin. Exempting the inescapable gay of the HUESO, lights were utterly fucking obsolete in that game. IT'S LIKE WE'RE REALLY PRETENDING THE 066 LEGS DIDN'T EXIST, GUYS.

Dingo2 is easily one of the best legs in the game for LR. LW agility on MW load and specs. So good.

Cougar2 are only better in the garage. In battle they have MW agility and suffer greatly from it. c2 and d2 are both top legs, though.

Edited by Colon Mokto

Dingo2 is easily one of the best legs in the game for LR. LW agility on MW load and specs. So good.

Cougar2 are only better in the garage. In battle they have MW agility and suffer greatly from it. c2 and d2 are both top legs, though.

Well, if I can ask, how do you think the DINGO2 differs from the COUGAR2 in handling? Do you know what influences it, if so? I trust your opinion, but I've really never noticed a difference myself. The COUGAR2 has always lended itself to underweighting just as well for me.

Even then, I find the DINGO outclasses the DINGO2 purely because the latter, as I said, breaks like glass. The DINGO is basically just a slight downgrade for more reliability, as far as I'm concerned.

For the handling, it's one of the ways the legsets were set up to move in terms of the 'class' they fall under. The handling characteristics of the legs, by 'class,' tends to be different, even before getting into the stats listed. It's one of those weird quirks in LR that give us yet another reason to not trust the listed stats. This game is chalk full of those.

You can get the same speeds out of the two, generally, but in terms of agility d2 has a key advantage. Also worth knowing is that there's an lw legset that moves like a mw legset: jaguar2. If you use it and watch how it handles it looks a lot like the c2. Pretty funny! That explains why those legs aren't as good as the stats say, though. ;)

To be fair, those types of considerations may or may not matter to a player, depending on the intent of the design and his playstyle in general. Some people just prefer the 'feel' of the legset without getting into the details, whereas some people just plain won't notice...possibly because it wouldn't make much difference anyhow. For me, I tend to play a very high precision game, and so all the little things in movement really matter to me.

I enjoy dingo as well. Yes.

*First video is to show some of the lw properties I was referring to, 2nd shows some of the sluggishness of c2 as a mw, and the last one gives a side by side comparison. I would have just linked that last one but I didn't remember it til the end hahaha.*

I think it just comes down to responsiveness for LW's. Most LW legs tend to perform better doing OBSJ's and juking. I've always wondered if that was related to leg movement speed or if it was something innate to the class.