Evasive Maneuvers!

corruptblack

I was curious after seeing a video with acs dodging missiles what other people do to not get hit

i personally QB foward left/right back and back to my original position in a square (from view behind the ac), doesnt work the best so ill prob have to think of something else lol

so what do you do when a missile is coming for you? explain as if you are playing and the camera is behind the ac please ;)

I never played much AC4 and ACFA, but I found the best ways to dodge the majority of missiles was to either stay on the ground and qb right before they hit you, of just slowly boosting diagonally upward or downward if you're in the air. It's a very slow movement that will usually cause the missiles to overpursue-- vertical missiles in Last Raven were dodged the same way.

As to dodging things in general, AC4/ACFA are more about dodging their lockbox (screen) than actually forming elegant techniques to dodge different projectiles like in previous AC games.

Figure out the trajectory, move to the blind spot and keep attacking. Eventually they're gonna get tired of getting pounded while spamming missiles and switch to something else, or die. Of course, that's the ideal way to do it, doesn't always turn out perfect, haha.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There are various Methods:

1. outrun: you basically need to know very well on how to second stage at really high speed, else you'll need a fast next, just go forward, even when they come to you ( obviously dont go too close or they will explode in your face), they will simply try to stalk you by turning they'relves but then when they are behind you... just keep on quickboosting forward every single missiles in the game that has 20 or 22 speed cant outrun a good player that can use very well the second stages..... but against missiles with 33 or 50 of speed you'll need to run and side quickboost when they are almost at you.... (kinda like a slow moving bullet)..... very good if you know how to second stage...

2. grounddogde: as stated above, you simply move forward while boosting on the ground when the missile is almost at you.... you'll see that they will turn and they will hit the ground automatically.... this tactic makes the most of missiles totally ineffective....

3. flares: *click button*... *puff* flares flares flares and again..... obviously dont throw em away when you dont see any missile coming to you xD

4. fire defense: you can blow up missiles easly especially if you use a rifle or a machinegun.... trust me... you just outrun them at first to line them up.. and then... you do a quickturn, back quickboost and bang.. blast.. shoot... until they dont annoy you anymore... :P its really effective against some big missiles like bigsioux or musselshell.... remember that against missile users you always need to keep a stress on your opponent with some fast weapon..... so the missile user will need to use more energy to dodge and hope to shoot his missiles witouth having them explode in his face :angry:

5. fat fat: build a next with 13K shell defense... and beg the penguin lag god..... >>