Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Magnus

We'll probably get some different, silly name.

Key features; new town, new monsters, ALL weapons including upgraded attacks from Tri, in depth customization of your Felyne comrade, plenty of new areas to peruse, and you cannot import 2G or FU data.

As well as insafracture now being supported. I won't bitch at anyone to get a PS3 and get AdHoc Party anymore. But AdHoc Party still has mics, so it's a win/lose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Super necro.

Anyway, still no word on if/when this is being released. I read somewhere on the Capcom forums that they're waiting on SCEA to answer questions to verify that they'll be able to support certain aspects of the game here as it is in Japan.

Sooooooo yeah, I think I'm gonna import it next week or something.

That being said, I'm playing MHFU again, I've been on and off with it so I still have stuff left to do. And I finally got this damn ADHOC Party to work now that I have an actual network cable that works. So if anyone wants to pass time and party up that'd be awesome.

Dual Swords are GODLIKE in MHP3. having a spirit bar mode is very nice and the dashes while Demonized or with charged spirit are fantastic.

After the Nerf it ate in MHF2, the Gunlance is more viable now with some buffs it got. Being able to empty all shelling shots in one go is nice.

Heavy Bowgun's Seige mode is extremely good: Assume neutral stance massive clip, no recoil, shoot while aiming

Bow's super shot is handy and powerful.

everything else is pretty much the same from Monster Hunter 3. GS's final charge and Slap is nice, Lance parry, and advancing guard are excellent. Long Sword's tiered spirit levels are good for sustained damage. SnS gets far more versatility now being a very viable weapon for Stun, and status. Hammer is smoother, the different charge level attacks have better flow and each has a purpose. it's not the juggernaut it was before but it's still a force. Sad to see the 3-part customization for bowguns go...

I'll be rocking Bhanabra and (if it's in) Melahoa again like I always do.

• 1 month later...

For those who didn't catch it in the Decline of Capcom topic, this game won't be localized because of pirating. Of course, this decision of Capcom's actually SUPPORTS pirating.

There's already an English patch floating around. Go and pirate, as you won't be able to buy it.

• 1 month later...

Exactly.

Here are some screenshots of Nob and I doing manly things.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/SliVeROVeRloRD/ULJM-05800_11911232552_825.jpg

First Jho downing. Was a bit ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/SliVeROVeRloRD/ULJM-05800_11919222538_445.jpg

Nob and at the end of a long road. Finished every single extended hunt quest, with the last one being Purple Ludroth and Thunder Giggi at the same time, followed by Agnaktor and Ice Barroth at the same time. It was pretty hectic. Not as bad as Gigginox + Tigrex at the same time though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've got it and AHP. I usually use the DS, LS, SA, or Hammer, though I may use others if I get bored. I basically only use full sets (not that I can't make epic mixed sets, I just don't like them). I went through the game attempting to make all the armors, and I basically have made all the normal melee sets (still haven't made things like the high rank onsen set).