Xbox 360 Slim

Magnus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing that a cat is going to move an xbox. And if it does then it will be moving the ones that the dumbass has standing vertical against nothing. Well...I think its dumb for it to stand up period. That's why these things overheat.

Cats like to rub themselves on things, so I don't have a hard time believing that at all. As far as children go, my nephews were also an area of concern when I still had a 360.

Also, my buddy has had discs scratch because he moved the console when it wasn't even on (with the disc in it, of course). So uh...pfft.

It's not something I'm gonna complain about, but Art is right, they could've done any number of simple ass things to remove it as a potential issue.

This thing isn't even that much smaller than a normal 360. The built in wi-fi is an improvement though.

Oh God, it's doing a PS3 thing.

Now we're not allowed to be careless and place our Xbox 360 inside of a metal box, standing vertically, during the middle of a heatwave while being too cheap to turn on the air conditioning.

We have a right to let our Xboxes melt! D:

RRoD is squashed? Nice find, Ninety. Microsoft is finally not letting people simply let their consoles melt anymore.
Edited by Obscure

Now we're not allowed to be careless and place our Xbox 360 inside of a metal box, standing vertically, during the middle of a heatwave while being too cheap to turn on the air conditioning.

Or in a well ventilated area, standing horizontally, in a cold basement during winter, while WAIT LOL IT'S WINTER!

They still fucking die.

I thought the 360 keeps RRODing because they have to use lead-free based solder in order to market it as a game console. If they're still saying it's a game console, it's still using lead-free solder.

The PS3 got around that by going as an entertainment system, and the Wii can't get hot enough to warp its lead-free solder.

I've had it happen right in front of me. Twice. With documented proof of winter and 360's dying. Especially since you made reference to the older ones by starting your statement with "Now," and so including the older ones in the discussion.

I'm sorry I keep insulting your boyfriend.

I still think that this is a big deal. You can argue all you want about how you're not supposed to move it while the disc is spinning but that just screams "shitty design" to me. You're not supposed to run your car into a wall but car companies still try and keep the car from shredding you to pieces if you do.

I'm sorry it's hard for you to stay on topic what with Slim being in the title of it

Sometimes I respond to posts and not to topic titles. It's a bad habit, I know.

But it'll be funny to look back on this when winter does roll around. Since they'll be dying. Try not to take that too personally.

Elite in my opinion. Has all the things you need HDMI 120 gig hard drive, and no worries about it being tiny and having one fan. Though they don't have wifi in them. Or at lest I don't think they do.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a new slim design, a different version of RROD, and a ripoff of Sony isn't enough to make me want a console. Especially since even should i experience YLoD I can fix that in my own garage with a couple of screwdrivers and a heat gun (sure one or two other things involved but I'm being lazy with details), and YLoD isn't a guaranteed tri-monthly hassle as RRoD has been for anyone I've meet in person.

However, the built in wifi sounds like a nice touch and the controller is cool, it nothing else.

Edited by Vincent210

Wait, RRoD is suddenly a tri-monthly hassle? Since when has that happened? Since Hyde's PS3 and each replacement has crapped out? And how can it happen now if it's not allowed to happen anymore?

Are you having imaginary problems again? >:

Edited by Obscure