Xbox 360 Slim

Magnus

From what I have heard, unlike the Elite, when you tip the Slim, you no longer have to pray to see if your disc was destroyed. It is a guarantee. ;)

D:

It also seems that some of the slim models are already failing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeYHHF3kAPo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPTat7ln3s0

I don't think the failure is caused by the solder this time since the Slim forces you to turn off your 360 when overheat. It might just be some mechanical mishaps from production in the first batches. Shit happens. I would not much too much thought on it for now. I will wait for five months to reach a verdict.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the problems don't seem imaginary anymore. Either way I don't bother with Sony's help, a PS3 (not slim) comes apart nice and easy so i can make quick fixes in the case of a YLOD. Dunno how to do that with Xbox. And even then I'm cheap, I refuse to regularly pay for XBL even after dropping quite a bit on there fancy new console. And as far as I can tell, you have roughly 3 months of intense play before a 360 waves the red flag. This is just off of friends using 360s. All I know 100% is I don't have hassles with a PS3, I'm getting the games I want, and it'd be a waste to get a 360 if a PS3 does just fine.

So to tie this in with the original topic, 360 Slim isn't something that catches my eye for the above reasons.

I'm gonna point out hwy you're dumb, bro.

a different version of RROD,

It doesn't RRoD. I doubt anyone that keeps their 360 in a well-cooled area, like any gamer should, will experience the temp. warning, broseph.

and a ripoff of Sony

I... What? A ripoff of Sony's what? This doesn't make sense, Lindsey Brohan

Especially since even should i experience YLoD I can fix that in my own garage with a couple of screwdrivers and a heat gun

Hey! You can do the same thing with the 360! Good job making a biased case, broski.

a PS3 (not slim) comes apart nice and easy so i can make quick fixes in the case of a YLOD. Dunno how to do that with Xbox.

Hurr durr, let's talk shit without any facts! Not a good strat, Brohemian Rhapsody.

you have roughly 3 months of intense play before a 360 waves the red flag.

I got my first 360 in December of '07. It ran strong until January '09, when it red ringed. That's two years. Either your friends play their 360's for days on end, don't turn them off ever, or keep them covered in towels, you're making shit up. Not a good strat, either, brovine.

I got my first 360 in December of '07. It ran strong until January '09, when it red ringed. That's two years. Either your friends play their 360's for days on end, don't turn them off ever, or keep them covered in towels, you're making shit up. Not a good strat, either, brovine.

I think it is based on individual experience. I know one person who got RROD twice and three people who got the RROD once. But I know a lot more people who never got the RROD.

I got this from Gamestop. I am not sure if the numbers are valid, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2009/244/squaretrade_1_29779_screen.jpg

As you can seem it is not just a 360 thing. The Jasper models probably deals better against RROD, so the numbers might be different if you separate the Jasper models vs. the originals.

Just because I only own a PS3 does not mean I need to suck Sony's dick. Both consoles are good. Just pick one and enjoy it.

I know 5 people who own an xbox, 3 of them have gotten Rrod twice, 1 of them once and the last one almost got it.

And they don't fuck around with their xbox they're not on enclosed spaces nor they move them around and shit.

And yeah ps3 is very easy to fix.

If this xbox is good I might get one, or a wii, probably an xbox, since wii is better when you play with lots of people and there's no one to play with around here.

EDIT: fuck that this thing has no HDMI.

Edited by Dark_MX

It doesn't RRoD. I doubt anyone that keeps their 360 in a well-cooled area, like any gamer should, will experience the temp. warning, broseph.

Well now it's supposed to have something known as the Red Dot of Death. It may not be a ring, but it's red and dies.

I... What? A ripoff of Sony's what? This doesn't make sense, Lindsey Brohan

PS3 Slim Bro. I figured that was pretty simple.

Hey! You can do the same thing with the 360! Good job making a biased case, broski.

I said I dunno how to do that one. Sure I'll give you saying that as an argument agaisnt ANYONE getting a 360 is retarded, but for ME not getting one, I'd rather know how to fix it.

Hurr durr, let's talk shit without any facts! Not a good strat, Brohemian Rhapsody.

??? Do you want me to breakdown the repair process or something?

This one's my fault. THEY DO PLAY FOR DAYS ON END. My 360 bros have no lives. That's mostly their fault. Probably should've thought about that one more.

And if I have to pick one of those nicknames I'll go with Brohemian Rhapsody for now.

Sounds good, Brohemian Rhapsody.

Anyways, your bro's friends are dumb. We can chalk that up to them not caring for their systems. It's kinda biased to use not knowing how to fix the 360 as an argument, since I doubt you knew how to fix the PS3 when you first got it. There have been "slim" consoles far before Sony made theirs. And the RDoD isn't a big deal if, y'know, treat your console like a sensible person would.

MS and Sony already lost a ton of money from their respective consoles. I don't think they are going to tank another console for another five years. But whatever they do, they need to release the consoles when the economy is doing well, like the PS2 at its release.

Judging from the new 360, it won't RROD in the same way the old one did. Unlike the previous 360, the active fan is actually attached to the CPU/GPU instead of having heatpipes transfer the heat to the fans in the back.

Still, it's a blender.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/vZhWd6nvcWc/0.jpg

MS and Sony already lost a ton of money from their respective consoles. I don't think they are going to tank another console for another five years. But whatever they do, they need to release the consoles when the economy is doing well, like the PS2 at its release.

I don't care. I'll wait 5 years then. Nothing wrong with a good ol' Elite. ;)

The PS3 is a glorified blu ray player, and the 360

and blends. And both their slim models, though technologically impressive, leave little for me to admire. I like fatties.

Meanwhile, the Wii HAHAHAHAH CASUAL FAGS, not to mention lacks third party support. I'm kinda disappointed this gen. Armored Core 5, Lost Planet 2, and Starcraft 2 are the only things keeping me in this gen.

I have half a mind to boot up an emulator and play something old.

Edited by Pendragon

Am I? Or has my so called "pessimism" been a precursor for worse times?

The fact that Japan is hopping on the 3d bandwagon, especially with the 3DS and 3D TVs, not to mention knowing we'll follow right behind, is a sign we're about to have good games phased out by eyecandy meant to only push graphical limitations, and not actually tell a story like older games did.

Best part about Wii? When power supply fails, you just gotta buy a new power cord-- since power supply for wii is on the external cord rather than inside the system. When xbox gets its red ring of death or ps3 gets its yellow light of death, you gotta send it in for a replacement power supply-- or replacement system.

EDIT: fuck that this thing has no HDMI.

What do you call that little HDMI shaped port on the back below (to the right, depending) the standard 360 a/v port? You know, the one that says "HDMI" next to it?

Also, TM, 360 power supply is external.

Edited by Hentai Maid

I heavily dislike external power supplies, TM. I don't know why you'd consider that a bonus since you tend to be minimalistic. Why not buy a small socket surge protector and just embed it in your wall instead?

D=