Head: Drone 5weight/5cool

Core: Helios 5weight/5cool

Arms: Loris 5weight/5cool

Legs: Lycaon 5weight/5maxweight

booster: B83tp 5weight/5heat

Generator: G91 5weight/5output

Radiator: Ananda 5weight/5drain

FCS: Monju

Back weapon: WBW98G (dual grenade launcher)

Right Arm: Wyvern (E shotgun)

Left Arm: Taros (dual laser blade)

Optionals: Amino, 069ES, 071EC, Codon, Primer, Histon, Marishi

I was bored so I put together a "cannon hopper" to see if I could make a good one (as far as cannon hoppers go) and I think I really did an amazing job with this one. I have yet to run into any real heat issues with this setup even if I eat a grenade while warming up the OB and boosting at the same time. The E shotgun does some incredible dammage so I didn't feel the need to use any optionals except to improve the fire rate. The Tauros, while having a bad rap due to the fact that quick slashes are near impossible drastically makes up for it's speed with shear kill power due to the fact that it works just like a dual laser rifle in that it produces 2 laser blades instead of 1 resulting in a combined attack power of 2972 just from the weapon it's self, add that to the blade handling of 133 off the loris arms and the OP that increases LB damage and it makes for an extremely lethal blade.

For the cannon hopping, I don't bother to aim or wait for a double lock, I OB/boost right next to my opponent, fire at them, then OB away again. Thus far the little aiming "sights" that the grenade launcher produces have been enough to keep me happy.

Any tunes, tweaks, or mods that anyone might think are helpful would be appreciated, but chances are that the main design will go unchanged for a long time.

Edited by Godzilla
Added AC:LR prefix.

This entire design strikes me as very bizarre.

It seems to revolve around not locking on with the 98G along with a high damage blade for backup? I don't honestly see the design working too well, even with TP/Loris. The defense/weight ratio is average, speed is average, and it's using a missile-lock FCS. I'd say that TP/Loris does help quite a bit, but still not enough. Helios is more manageable as a Kneeler core in LR than it was in NB, so that works for you. I'm guessing that you have to use Lycoan to support the weight of 98G? The energy shotgun just worries me. It's always been a poor weapon, so I don't know if it would be safe to equip on this design.

You'll want to switch the FCS to either Cowry or F73H. Use LCC's FCS Chart to pick the lockbox that fits you best. Cowry would probably benefit you best since you don't wait for a lock anyway. It gives you a 30% increase in overall lockbox size, which you'll need to track any highly mobile targets with CQC weapons. I'd switch out G91 for Lotus. The drop in weight is just too useful here. I'd also switch the Wyvern out for an HP or a Pixie3. If you prefer to stick with non-conventional weaponry I'd suggest a Flamethrower instead, though the HP would benefit you immensely.

Anyway, the biggest thing to worry about is the 98G/Lycaon combo. If you can find a way to switch into GL instead of 98G and use lighter legs, you'll be better off.

This entire design strikes me as very bizarre.

It seems to revolve around not locking on with the 98G along with a high damage blade for backup? I don't honestly see the design working too well, even with TP/Loris. The defense/weight ratio is average, speed is average, and it's using a missile-lock FCS. I'd say that TP/Loris does help quite a bit, but still not enough. Helios is more manageable as a Kneeler core in LR than it was in NB, so that works for you. I'm guessing that you have to use Lycoan to support the weight of 98G? The energy shotgun just worries me. It's always been a poor weapon, so I don't know if it would be safe to equip on this design.

You'll want to switch the FCS to either Cowry or F73H. Use LCC's FCS Chart to pick the lockbox that fits you best. Cowry would probably benefit you best since you don't wait for a lock anyway. It gives you a 30% increase in overall lockbox size, which you'll need to track any highly mobile targets with CQC weapons. I'd switch out G91 for Lotus. The drop in weight is just too useful here. I'd also switch the Wyvern out for an HP or a Pixie3. If you prefer to stick with non-conventional weaponry I'd suggest a Flamethrower instead, though the HP would benefit you immensely.

Anyway, the biggest thing to worry about is the 98G/Lycaon combo. If you can find a way to switch into GL instead of 98G and use lighter legs, you'll be better off.

I've always liked the Monju because of the wide lock box, verticle not so much of an issue but I'll definately check out the FCS chart. I also can't see this frame on anything but the lycaon legs, the balance is there, no one particular stat coming through as OP, just good solid stats across the board, could use a little more turning speed though... Gotta cram the Wyvern in someones teeth to make it work as the attack power seems to be rated for each flettchette that it fires as opposed to the whole spread, just my observation. I like the mini grenade and the large grenade, but the dual grenade seems to pack more punch per salvo than the other two, I am most likely wrong on that one, but just my observation.

Yah, if you can get the Wyvern in close enough it'll do respectable damage. Was it Wyvern 1 or 2 that had the wider spread? I can't remember, haha. LCC probably knows. I swear he's memorized everything about LR. He's Canadian, though. And yah, 98G is God. No denying that. I'm just afriad that it may lock you in place too long to work effectively. I haven't practiced with a 98G Kneeler before, though. I'll give it a shot sometime and see how it works out, haha.

Idk, I doubt you're playing against people so it should work just fine anyway. I don't think anyone here has played against another person in a while. Do try Cowry, tho. It locks a good bit slower, but it's got a pretty huge lockbox buff.

Yah, if you can get the Wyvern in close enough it'll do respectable damage. Was it Wyvern 1 or 2 that had the wider spread? I can't remember, haha. LCC probably knows. I swear he's memorized everything about LR. He's Canadian, though. And yah, 98G is God. No denying that. I'm just afriad that it may lock you in place too long to work effectively. I haven't practiced with a 98G Kneeler before, though. I'll give it a shot sometime and see how it works out, haha.

Idk, I doubt you're playing against people so it should work just fine anyway. I don't think anyone here has played against another person in a while. Do try Cowry, tho. It locks a good bit slower, but it's got a pretty huge lockbox buff.

Got 3 other local guys that play, one of which came over for a couple beers and some AC, all good friends of mine. Wyvern 1 I think has the wider spread, but not by much IMHO. The really bad part about the 98G is that once you OB hop you still have to wait to switch weapons and by then you're ready to sit and shoot again, lol.

Pros:

Originality while keeping the AC1 spirit alive.

Mad props to successful OB-kneelers.

Surprise people with a kneeler!

------

Cons:

Predictability.

Using back cannons on a biped means you're going to be outclassed by quads and tanks performing the same task, and they're mobile.

Dual GL: Mainly revolves around making the first shot count so the second can hit while the target is stunned. This is near-impossible on a kneeler because you can't close-in on the target after the initial hit. Best if used on a quad.

Your kneel position is given away before you're there. Either the noise from the OB starting or the fact you're about to plant yourself on the ground a fair distance away will signal what you're doing and the window of opportunity to make a shot will slam shut.

Using the laser blade to cancel the kneel isn't a bad idea. Know said weapon limits your ability to fend-off nearly every dual-gunner who's in range to lay the hurt on your AC.

------

Here's my redux of the design without tunes:

H: EYE3

C: /UL2

A: MACAQUE

L: COUGAR2

B: GULL / VULTURE2

GEN: LOTUS

RAD: HAZEL

FCS: F73H / MONJU

INS: (It's a good idea to have missile decoys. Missiles will overheat you while charging your OB.)

EXT: -

BUR: -

BUL: LADON / LADON2 (You can cancel the shot while it's charging with a laser blade.)

RAU: RL / PIXIE3 (If ever there were weapons made for defensive -and- offensive tactics...)

LAU: LB4 / ELF2 (More range for increasing your odds of hitting a target if they're close enough.)

OPs: Your choice.

Avoid HW legs if you can. I don't have my PSP on me right now, so I can't say if the COUGAR2 legs will hold the weight. Use a MW if possible.

Don't use HELIOS unless you are near-psychic with your OB metagame.

I don't recommend using an OB-kneeler. You're better off rocking a quad or tank to capitalize on dual GL's.

As mentioned by Guile, it's better to use the LADON for that kind of playing style.

Although I don't agree with the cookie-cut frame suggestions, the HW legs and HELIOS need to go.

Find a balance and 'feel' with your AC that's right for you.

Edited by Zephorius

Head: Drone 5weight/5cool

Core: Helios 7 cool / 3 shell def

Arms: MACAQUE 5 weight / 5 cool (LORIS is banned part, so I'd change it)

Legs: LF88A 3 cool / 2 shell def / 5 load

booster: VULTURE2 5 power / 5 heat

Generator: G91 10 output

Radiator: Ananda 10 cool

FCS: F73H or F82D2

Back weapon: WBW98G (dual grenade launcher)

Right Arm: Wyvern (E shotgun)

Left Arm: WL06LB4

Optionals: Amino, 069ES, L+, Codon, PRIMER, GOLGI, Marishi

red is what I'd change, I'd tried to keep it that way and usable ASAP.

so what d'ya think?