• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet. I plan to pick this game up after my finals (Friday, 14th), along with all the other games in my pile of shame, like XCOM and SoulCalibur. I don't know if I want to relearn Sakura, or pick up a new fighter. Are there any fighters like ST Dictator? In other words, a mid tier fighter that can win out of no where in matter of seconds due to some BS. Examples of what I am looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEcXHluM4bA

This ENTIRE VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMmZzhTV1A

Edited by Honest Frank

You want one touch huge damage potential mid-tier character? Evil ryu can rack up a lot of damage off of just one combo, but you'll usually need to spend 2 meters to do it.

Cody can rack up lots of stun really fast. Viper can blow people up really fast once you get her train moving.

I've gotten really fast stuns on people as Blanka with just two jump in bnb combos in a short period of time, but those are hard to come by freely. An example of it would be vs a rose that I'll have to upload eventually.

Dictator in SF4 is lots of mobility, pokes, very safe and abusable play and low damage.

Edited by Twisted Metal

He plays a lot more like ryu than he does gouki. But because he can juggle off of hurricane kick and he can combo off his dash forward focus cancel, his offensive potential is way stronger. The only caveat is that he has low health.

This is probably best example of how quickly he can light you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oHc7OXm-rY

Edited by Twisted Metal

makoto plays pretty similar from 3s with all her high damage combos and stun and resets and mix ups

she got lots of buffs in ae too and now im pretty sure you can combo out of instant HK tsurugi with some sort of kara tech she has (which means huge damage off of safe overheads)

no more abare tosanami combos, but you can still do similar juggles as antiair or in the corner

but ya if youre looking for stun and have the execution, cody has like 800 stun combos plus frametraps and easy safe jumps to keep it going

Yeah, sorry, graduate school is a pain, and I rarely get to play games anymore. Well, other than the occasional CoD4 for 15 min before sleep. I plan to pick up AE and SCV over my winter break, then quit gaming until summer hits. :D

I think I will pick up either Sakura or Dictator for starters, since I know their movesets, then learn Evil Ryu, Cody, or Makoto for fun, as you guys suggested. Probably Makoto to rep 3s.

I am always up for some 3s, btw.