Diablo II Sundays

LCC

ACU will be hosting weekly Diablo II: Lord of Destruction sessions every Sunday starting at 7:28pm EST.

We'll be meeting up in ACU Chat first or you can go to channel Strife directly on BNet East. Post here if you plan on joining. Be sure to check the quoted information for rules and other important stuff.

About Diablo II:

For those who don't know, Diablo II - Lord of Destruction is a PC game that was released in 2001. It is a 2D "Hack and Slash - Roleplaying Adventure Game." You assume the role of a hero and progress through a number of quests that revolve around stopping one of the three great prime evils of Hell; Diablo. Over the course of the game you come to defeat all three of the prime evils and save the world from destruction. The game revolves heavily around customization, allowing you the ability to completely decide on the direction of your characters progression. Including going completely against your character concept, such as making a magic user who's completely melee oriented. Diablo II - Lord of Destruction was critically acclaimed as one of the best games of its time and to this day remains a favorite and entertaining game to many.

--------------------------------------------------

Rules of Play:

1. We will be playing on the US East servers of Battle.Net.
  2. You can join our chat channel in Diablo II if you're not in-game or waiting for the game to start. The channel name is "Strife".
  3. Characters must have both Ladder and Expansion enabled, not Hardcore. We will not be playing basic Diablo II, Non-Ladder, or Hardcore characters at this time.
  4. Characters must be fresh. This means you have to start level 1.
  5. The transferring of items is unrestricted. Feel free to trade with anyone and bring any items into the game. I encourage everyone not to overpower their characters through items though. It can make others feel unimportant and lacking. Wait till Nightmare mode to import big items, no one will mind it then. It makes it easier to survive those big fights.
  6. There will also be no class restrictions in relation to how many of any one class we will have. If everyone wants to play Barbarians or Necromancers then it is perfectly fine. Diversity is still encouraged though. Different classes in a group make it more interesting.
  7. Specialized Class builds that use large quantities of minions are prohibited. Summon Necromancers and Druids specifically. The issue here is that if anyone wants to fight near you Battle.Net will typically lag them far too much to be able to do anything in late game, such as Hell difficulty.
  8. Leveling outside the group is only allowed when you are below the level cap. Leveling past the cap means you won't be allowed to play with us until everyone else has caught up. The level cap is set at the end of each session by adding 1 to the highest level player in the group. This allows a bit of leeway for everyone.
  9. Quests should be completed with the group. Please do not complete quests on your own unless you need to catch up. The entire reason behind this is to encourage group play. All quests will be completed in order if possible. We will not rush the game.
  10. Check this post often, I will update the information at the bottom so that everyone can stay on the same page. You shouldn't need to ask about things after a session. I'll try to update this post at the end of every session so you have ample time to prepare for the next one.

How to Join Us:

There is certain information I will need from you if you wish to play. First, I will need your Battle.Net Account ID/Name. This way I can add you to my friends list and know it's you when you join. You do not have to post this ID if you do not want to. Simply PM it to me and say that you don't want it put up for public viewing. Next, you will have to reply to this topic with your character name and class. You do not need to state the build, only the basic class archetype. That way I know what character you intend to use and everyone can plan accordingly for the classes chosen.

Finally, add me to your Battle.Net Friends List! Just type in [
/f a *Niji87
]. Afterwards, you can check to see if I'm online using [
/f l
], that's an L not an I . To add other people to your friends list type in [
/f a *AccountID
]. To whisper someone over Battle.Net type in [
/w *AccountID MessageHere
]. To whisper all your friends at once type in [
/f m MessageHere
].

Special Terms & Definitions:

• Battle.Net - A medium provided by Blizzard Entertainment for playing their games over the internet. It is free of charge. Lag issues do tend to plague the game at strange times. Occasionally preventing players from continuing with their games. This is not a common occurance, though minor lag is. Abbreviated to "BNet" on occasion.
  • CD Key - A series of letters and numbers provided upon buying a copy of Diablo II. This "key" allows you to play Diablo II over Battle.Net. Only one copy of a key can be on Battle.Net at any given time. This prevents pirated versions of the game from being used on official servers.
  • Normal/Nightmare/Hell - References to the games levels of difficulty. All characters start out on Normal difficulty, progress to Nightmare, and then finally reach Hell. Each time one is completed access to a higher difficulty is attained. Each difficulty is relatively the same in form and an exact repeat of the previous one except that monsters are harder to beat.
  • Ladder - A character setting that pertains to the ladder system run by Battle.Net. By registering with this system your character is allowed access to special features in-game as well as being listed on a ladder ranking system. The ladder resets periodically.
  • Hardcore - A character setting that allows a character to be distinguished from others as hardcore. With this setting enabled if your character dies just once during the course of the game they are deleted and not allowed to continue play.
  • Rushing - The act of taking a high level character and aiding a much lower level character in completing certain quests or missions so that the lower level character can skip or avoid daunting tasks. Often this means skipping enormous sections of the game.
  • Muling - The act of transferring items from one of your characters to another of your own characters for storage. This allows you to retain items that you like even if you don't have the room to hold the item on your current character.
  • Twinking - The act of giving a character, including your own, items that are far more powerful than average for their level. Typically this involves the use of higher level characters that drop the item from a monster that the "twinked" character could not normally defeat.

Player Information:

ACU Display Name
-
B.Net Account ID
- [Character Name] - Class

1. -
    Niji87
    -
    [CC-Sakura]
    -
    Necromancer

2. -
    TheLCC
    -
    [LCC]
    -
    Barbarian

3. -
    Kakumei88
    -
    [Ardiaea]
    -
    Amazon

4. -
    Artdeux
    -
    [Artrious]
    -
    Druid

5. -
    jmodum90
    -
    [MyCoquette]
    -
    Assassin

6. -
    Person4645
    -
    [
    Buggys_Ful
    l
    ]
    -
    Sorceress

7. -
    XxEvilBiscuitxX
    -
    [biskuit]
    -
    Druid

Game Information:

Realm
:
US East

Channel
:
Strife

Game Name
:
ACU

Game Password
:
ACA

Character Type (Ladder)
:
Enabled

Character Type (Expansion)
:
Enabled

Character Type (Hardcore)
:
Disabled

Item Restriction
:
Unrestricted

Class Restriction
:
Restricted

Level Cap
:

Current Difficulty
:
Hell

Current Act
:
Act 5

Current Quest
:
Quest I

Next Session
:
[6:30 PM]
on
[sunday, November 21, 2010]
@
[Central Time, -06:00 GMT]

Edited by Niji
Niji has hijacked this post.

I have the old topic on my TCB forum so I can just spoiler every section of that motherfucker and slip it in. That way it's just the player list and such, while still having all that other info in for people to reference.

I'd play with you guys, but I don't really care for Bnet. Last time I checked I was banned. Or my Key was. Anyways, I might figure all that out later. Just gimme a ring when everyones about level 50. I'm kidding.

But seriously if I can sort out my key problems I'd gladly play with you guys.

ACU Name - Bnet ID - Char Name - (CLASS)
Artdeux  - Artdeux - Artrious  - (DRD)

Will be running a Wind Druid with you guys. I'll probably suck until level 18, where I start stacking into my first damage spell. Stupid useless Arctic Blast. Kind of wish my old Sorc survived for long enough to try and farm us some gear.

Edited by Artdeux

I have updated LCC's post with my old D2 post. It's been cleaned up and a lot of the extra info was removed. Everything you need to know about the game, how to join us, rules, etc. are all in that quote. Enjoy!

EDIT: Btw, I am playing a Curse/Melee Necromancer. I tried to name him "CardCaptorSakura" but it cut me off just before I got the last "a" in. Damn 15 character limit. Name is CC-Sakura. Account is Niji87. Werd.

My Mojo So Dope!

I'm not entirely sure what my character name or build will be, but I'll definitely run a Druid. I'm leaning towards a fire ele, though I haven't decided yet.

Still, I'm definitely in. I'd much rather do US West, though. There are a lot more players on West, and while that has no bearing on our party, I'm sure some of us will want to take our characters elsewhere once we're done with D2 sundays.

EDIT: Btw, I am playing a Curse/Melee Necromancer. I tried to name him "CardCaptorSakura" but it cut me off just before I got the last "a" in. Damn 15 character limit. Name is CC-Sakura. Account is Niji87. Werd.

My Mojo So Dope!

http://gunshowcomic.com/comics/20090120.png

http://gunshowcomic.com/comics/20100225l.gif

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So we hit Hell act 4 this week. Next week's run will probably finish it up. I dunno if we'll start up new chars or play a different game like D1 or Baldur's Gate or something.

• 3 months later...