Zombies

Shirtless Crackhead

Halloween always brings up my favorite fantasy idea, zombies.

I watched The Walking Dead, and semi-raged at the Glock having a thumb safety, and some various other "goofs" but it looks ok so far; although a main hero who rides past a tank and doesn't even take a look at it is doomed from the get-go.

I also watched the remake of Dawn of the Dead, and it brought something up to me and my friend that made us laugh.

Andy was starving alone in his gun shop.

Why not build a potato gun and launch a line, eventually making for a steel cable that meets a pulley on Andy's end, being anchored to something on his roof, then put a winch or some electric motor with some power on the mall end, so you can get Andy, all his guns and ammo safely to the mall.

Then I also thought, why did they weight until their trucks were swarmed to bomb the zeds with propane?

Why not soften your opposition before conducting ground ops? this is the basic idea used in total warfare.

Or, why not get a remote controlled gas powered helicopter and a chunk of meat to draw them another way.

~

The Walking Dead brings up another point I stress, that a hunting bow or crossbow in a zombie apocalypse would totally be handy to knock of the zeds without stirring them up.

Maybe I'm just nuts.

But, let's talk about zombies.

I caught Walking Dead as well and really liked it. I got pissed off when the horse died. Also I kept questioning the things he did like getting his hat, forgetting gas but remembering 8 shotguns, bumping his siren when he left the station, putting the torso down, etc. It just seemed like his priorities were off. Still, I'm going to be following this show.

Sunday nights on AMC at 9pm central time.

If there's one thing I learned, it's that I know nothing about zombie apocalypses.

If one happens to occur, they'll probably go after me first. Though I do have enough canned food to last for a few weeks, so I could have enough time to convert my car into the one from Mad Maxx. (we have ALOT of metal on hand.)

• 4 weeks later...