Magnus

I completely disagree with that idea renketsu. Albert Einstein was the on who said the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources but nonetheless I think he meant that in an engineering type of sense. Like where humans get the idea to develop the next big technological breakthrough. But when it comes to movies, they're mostly invoked by inner human feelings and ous species develops those in more complex manners as we evolve. Meaning that if we're constantly evolving, there wont ever be a shortage of feeling invoked movie themes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, but they don't do that for some television series... ever heard of Surface? or the typical example to all sic-fi fans: Firefly.

Funny thing is the main actor (don't remember his name) tried to buy the rights to the series to bring it back, knowing that all the past actors are willing to take part and that they definitely have the funding and support from the fans, they just did not want to give the rights away.

Dood is talking about this, I think:

yeah thats right thats what I was talking about. & I stand by my point. I do agree that the world is ever insatiably money hungry but you gotta take into account those few directors and produces that truly aspire to create movies and forms of self expression and art.

Avatar looked damn impressive with 3-D. The industry then thought that the same thing would apply to every other movie they tried. This obviously failed, but it's mainly because they tried doing it with movies that really don't need to be viewed in 3-D in the first place. Avatar was begging for it. The environment felt huge and I believe that it was designed that way on purpose.

However, Avatar has been my only good 3-D experience. Overall I think it's painfully obvious that 3-D tech just isn't ready yet nor do I find it necessary for most things anyways.

Edited by Rachis

I agree that 3D tech is just not ready yet. However, that's not saying it can't be implemented very well and save for the ridiculously painful intro I would have to say that Avatar did an excellent job with it. You'd have to, you know, actually see Avatar in 3D to have a justified opinion on it.

And yes, 3D absolutely does make Avatar a better movie.

Edited by Rachis